Streaming on Discovery Plus gives you access to shows from TLC, Food Network, HGTV, Discovery, and more. But some users complained that their Discovery Plus streaming app keeps pausing, crashing, or stopping when they try to watch their shows.
How to Fix Discovery Plus App Keeps Stopping, Freezing, Pausing or Crashing Issue
There are several reasons why your Discovery Plus app keeps on pausing, crashing, freezing or stopping. It may be an issue with your Internet network connection or on the app itself. You may need to stream on a different device or reinstall the app. This problem usually happens on Roku TV or streaming media players, Android or iOS (iPad/iPhone) mobile devices as well as Samsung smart TVs.
Whatever the reason is, there are ways how you can resolve the Discovery Plus app error.
Method #1 – Check Your Network Connection
To stream titles on Discovery+, your WiFi Internet connection must have a download speed of at least 2.5 Mbps or 6.5 Mbps for streaming live sports TV. You can check the speed of your Internet network by doing a speed test. If it falls below the required Mbps, you can improve your connection or call your Internet service provider for options.
Method #2 – Power Cycle Your Devices
Power cycling your streaming device and router can help you refresh your Internet connection.
- Exit the Discovery+ app on the device you are using to stream Discovery+ shows.
- Turn off your device.
- Now, unplug both your modem and router.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your router and modem back in.
- Turn on your device.
- Open the Discovery Plus app and see if the issue remains.
Method #3 – Log Out & Sign In Again to your Account on Discovery Plus App
- First, sign out of your Discovery+ account by going to the Account section.
- Choose Manage Devices.
- Select all the devices you want to sign out.
- After signing out, you can sign back in.
Method #4 – Stream on Discovery+ Using Another Device
Switching streaming devices to watch movies & TV shows on Discovery Plus can help work around this playback problem. You can stream Discovery Plus through one of the different devices listed below.
- Android Devices using Android 5 and later
- Android TV using Android 5 and later
- Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick (View at Amazon)
- Apple TV Gen 4 and later (View at Walmart)
- iPad Gen 3 and later
- iPhone 6 and later
- Roku Devices (View at Walmart)
- Samsung Smart TV 2017 model and later (View at Samsung.com)
- Xbox Consoles (View at Microsoft Store)
If you are streaming on one device, try watching through another device until you see that the streaming issue is fixed.
Method #5 – Clear the Cache on Your Discovery Plus App
Clear Cache on Discovery Plus Via Android Device
- Go to Setting on your Android mobile device.
- Select Apps.
- Tap Installed Applications.
- Select Discovery+.
- Tap Clear Cache
Clear Cache on Discovery Plus Via iPhone/iPad iOS Device
- Launch the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Discovery+.
- Select Clear Cache.
Clear Cache on Discovery Plus Via Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Open Settings on your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Click Apps & Notifications.
- Go to Manage All Applications.
- Select Discovery+.
- Click Storage.
- Select Clear Data.
- Click Clear Cache.
Clear Cache on Discovery Plus Via Roku Streaming Media Player
- On your Roku TV or streaming media player, go to the Main Screen and select Home.
- Press the Home button five times on your remote.
- Press the Up button.
- Press the Rewind button twice.
- Press the Fast Forward button two times.
Clear Cache on Discovery Plus Via Web Browser
- Go to Preferences on the browser you are using to stream Discovery+.
- Select Privacy and Security.
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Select Cache, Browsing History, and Cookies.
- Click Clear Cache.
Method #6 – Reinstall the Discovery+ App
If none of the solutions work, you can try uninstalling the Discovery Plus app. Then, reinstall it and check if it stops pausing, crashing, or stopping while you watch.
Do you have any other solutions that will help fix the Discovery Plus issue on the app? We would love to know the other options that work so please do drop your suggestions below.