Streaming on Discovery Plus allows you to watch trending shows like Mysterious Planet, Myth Busters, and Planet Earth. But, not everyone in your household enjoys the titles you may be watching and vice versa. With the varying preferences, just think how messy your library will look.
If you want to stick to your movies and TV shows without seeing other contents you don’t want, you can assign separate profiles for your family members. Discovery+ lets users create multiple streaming profiles to share with someone. You can add up to five profiles on a single account. But, unlike other streaming services, there is no primary profile on Discovery Plus. All user profiles are the same.
How to Add a Profile on Discovery Plus Using Different Devices
To enjoy streaming on Discovery Plus with personalized profiles for each of your household member, you will need to add and set them up first on your smart TV or streaming player. You can customize each profile with different names and even a profile picture to distinguish it from the other.
Adding a Discovery Plus Profile via Web Browser
- First, launch any browser on your computer.
- Type https://discoveryplus.com/ on the address bar and hit Enter.
- Click your profile image found at the top right corner.
- Choose Manage Profiles.
- You can now add a profile and set it up.
Adding a Profile on Discovery Plus via iOS or Android Mobile Devices
- Open the Discovery Plus app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet device.
- Tap the profile image at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Manage Profiles.
- Tap Add a Profile.
- Now, start editing it to set the profile up.
Setting Up Discovery+ Profiles on Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Roku & Samsung TVs
- Navigate to the Discovery+ app on your Samsung smart TV or Roku, Apple TV & Fire TV Stick streaming players.
- Go to the navigation panel using your remote.
- Click Manage Profiles.
- You can then set up a new profile.
It is easy to modify and remove existing profiles on your Discovery+ account. Just go to the Manage Profile section of your Discovery Plus app and you can edit it from there.
Will you be setting up more profiles on your Discovery Plus account? How many profiles will there be? We would love to know your thoughts, so drop us a comment below.