Do you play The Sims 4? If so, you may have come across the black screen at startup issue. This can be a frustrating problem.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to help you get back to playing The Sims 4.
We’ll cover topics like graphics settings, mods, and more. So if you’re ready to fix that black screen at startup, read on!
What Causes the Black Screen Issue on Sims 4?
The black screen issue on Sims 4 can be caused by a number of things, including corrupt game files, outdated graphics drivers, or problems with the game’s settings.
One of the most common causes of the black screen issue is corrupt game files. This can happen if the game is not properly installed, or if it has been damaged by a virus or other type of malware. If you suspect that your game files are corrupt, you can try repairing them using the “Repair Game” feature in the Origin client.
Another potential cause of the black screen issue is outdated graphics drivers. Sims 4 requires updated drivers in order to run properly, so if your drivers are out of date, you may see a black screen when you try to launch the game. You can update your drivers automatically using Windows Update, or you can download and install them manually from the manufacturer’s website.
Finally, the black screen issue could also be caused by problems with the game’s settings. If you’re having trouble getting Sims 4 to start up, it might be worth trying to reset your game settings to their defaults.
Why is my Sims 4 Not Opening?
If you’re having trouble getting Sims 4 to open, it could be because of a corrupt file or outdated graphics driver.
Ways to Troubleshoot the Black Screen Startup Issue on Sims 4
- First, make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Out-of-date drivers can sometimes cause problems with games, so it’s always a good idea to make sure they’re up to snuff.
- You can update the drivers manually or, you can use a driver updater tool like Driver Easy.
- Once you’ve updated your drivers, try restarting your computer and launching the game again.
If the black screen persists, there are a few other things you can try.
- First, try opening the game in windowed mode.
- To do this, launch the Sims game and then press Alt+Enter on your keyboard.
- This will toggle the game into windowed mode and may fix the black screen issue.
If that doesn’t work, try verifying the integrity of your game files. This is a process that checks to make sure that all of the files required to run the game are present and intact.
To verify your game files, right-click on The Sims 4 in your Steam library and choose “Properties.” From there, click on the “Local Files” tab and then click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” Steam will now scan your The Sims 4 files and replace any that are missing or corrupt.
How do you Fix a Sims 4 Loading Screen Glitch?
It needs pretty much the same solution.
- First, make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the game. If it doesn’t, the game may not run properly or may not even start at all.
- If your computer does meet the requirements, try updating your graphics card drivers. Out-of-date drivers can sometimes cause problems with games.
- If that doesn’t work, try verifying the integrity of your game files through Steam. This will check for any corrupted or missing files and attempt to repair them.
- Finally, if all else fails, you can try reinstalling the game. This will delete all your saved data, so be sure to back up your saves first!
We hope these solutions work out for you! Drop us a comment below if it did.