You’re scrolling through Instagram, admiring all the pretty pictures and thinking, “I could do that.” So, when you see an influencer, you admire post about a collab they’re doing, you might think, “That’s it! I’m going to pitch myself for that.”
You shoot off a quick DM, but then you get an error message that says you can’t accept the invite. What gives? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
In this blog post, we will explore why you might be getting this error message and how to fix the problem so you can start participating in those social media collaborations on Instagram.
Common reasons why you can’t accept a collaboration invite sent on Instagram app
If you’re receiving an error message when trying to accept an Instagram collab invite you’ve received, it’s likely due to one of the following issues and possible reasons:
- The account you’re trying to collab with is set to private
- You’re not following the account you’re trying to collab with
- The account you’re trying to collab with doesn’t exist anymore
If you are logged into the correct Instagram account but still can’t seem to accept the collaborator request, the request may have expired. IG collaboration requests expire after 24 hours, so if it’s been longer than that since you received the request, it will no longer be valid.
If you’re sure that none of these reasons apply to you, then it’s possible that there’s a glitch with Instagram’s servers. In this case, the best thing to do is to try again later.
How to fix the can’t accept Instagram collab invite error on the social media app
If you’re seeing the “Can’t Accept Instagram Collab Invite” error when trying to accept a collaborator invitation on the Instagram platform, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the collaboration option issue.
- First off, just make sure that you’re logged into the correct and proper Instagram account. The social account you’re trying to use to accept the invitation must be connected to the email address that was used to receive the Instagram collab invitation.
- If you’re still seeing the error after double-checking that you’re logged into the right account, try refreshing the page. If that doesn’t work, try logging out of Instagram and then back in again.
- If you’re still having trouble accepting the invitation, it’s possible that the person who sent it may have revoked it or that it’s expired. You can reach out to them directly to ask if they can resend the invitation or provide more information about what’s going on.
Other tips to avoid this Instagram collaborator option error in the future
There are a few things you can do to avoid this error in the future:
- Make sure you have a strong WiFi Internet network connection before trying to accept a collab invite.
- If you get this error, try exiting out of the app and restarting it.
- Check to see if there are any updates for the app that you can install.
- Try accepting the collab invite from a different device.
If you’re still having trouble accepting a collaboration invite on Instagram after following the steps in this article, then you may need to reach out to Instagram’s support team for further assistance. In the meantime, try creating a new account and see if that works better for you. Good luck!