Can’t log in to your Instagram account? It happens to a lot of people. Instagram is one of the widely used social media platforms most people logged into every day. You can discover many things people do on Instagram and even showcase your own thing. Not being able to sign in to your social media account will only be frustrating.
The typical error message says “Sorry, there was a problem with your request.” Fortunately, there are several ways you can resolve the issue if Instagram won’t let you login. There are various reasons why you experience the account authentication error on the social media platform using your mobile phone app. You can try to troubleshoot the problem based on what may be the cause of the issue.
Fixing Instagram Won’t Let You Log in to your Account Error
Below are several solutions that will help you resolve the login issue on the Instagram app and hopefully allow you to access your social media profile again. Try to follow each of the methods one at a time and check if it fixes the error or not.
Method #1 – Relaunch the Instagram App
Exit the Instagram app and wait for a few seconds. Then, relaunch the app and try login in again.
Method #2 – Check your Internet Network Signal
You need a reliable Internet network connection to use Instagram. Not being able to log in is sometimes due to a poor network signal. Do a speed test and make sure you have a good signal. You can improve your connection by elevating your router or power cycling your device.
- To power cycle your device, exit all running apps and turn off your device.
- Unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes.
- Plug your router and modem back in and connect to the Internet.
- Now, turn on your device and try Instagram again.
Method #3 – Verify Instagram’s Server Status
One of the reasons you cannot access your Instagram account is a down server. Check if Instagram’s server is down. You can verify it via their social media website, news sites, or blogs. If it Instagram suffers an outage, you only have to wait for them to fix it and you can’t do anything more.
Method #4 – Clear the Instagram App Cache
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your device.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Instagram.
- Open the Storage section.
- Select Clear Cache.
Method #5 – Check your Login Information
Double-check if you entered the correct username or email and password. Make sure you are using the right capitalizations. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it.
- To reset the password on Instagram, tap Get help with signing in.
- Enter your email address or username.
- Tap Next.
- You can choose where you want Instagram to send you the reset password link.
- Click the link and enter a new password.
Method #6 – Update the Instagram App
- Launch the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Look for Instagram and check if there is an update available.
- You may also go to Manage Apps and select Instagram.
- Tap the Update button if available.
Method #7 – Reinstall the Instagram App
First, uninstall the app based on how your device instructs it. Then, go to the App Store or the Google Play Store. Look for Instagram and tap Install.
Were you able to fix the Instagram login authentication error on your mobile device? You can tell us in the comment section below.