Discovery Plus brings you your favorite cable TV shows on a streaming service platform. Now, you can rewatch old series you once loved and binge-watch all episodes at any time. Plus, you will get to discover more titles from original content available on Discovery Plus.
Stream popular TV series and shows from the Discovery network such as 90 Day Fiancé, Blue Planet, Fixer Upper, Gold Rush, and Barefoot Contessa. You can also revisit shows like Property Brothers: Forever Home, Say Yes to the Dress, and Worst Cooks in America. Enjoy all these titles and more ad-free for $7 per month or with ads for $5 monthly.
As you watch the movies and shows, you can better catch up with what the characters are talking about by turning on the Closed Captions and Subtitles. You can also translate other languages to your preferred one with subtitles or put the audio on the text with closed captioning feature.
How to Enable or Disable Discovery Plus Closed Captioning and Subtitles
Enabling or disabling subtitles and closed captions on Discovery Plus is easy. However, the methods on how to do it vary on the different device that you are using. Continue reading below and look for your streaming device to know how you can turn on or off closed captions and subtitles on Discovery+.
Through Web Browser
- Go to the Discovery Plus website on any browser.
- Play a title.
- Hover the cursor on the video player.
- Now, click the two-dashes icon.
- Click a language or turn it Off.
Through iOS Device
- Launch the Discovery Plus app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select content and play it.
- While playing, tap on the screen.
- Tap the two horizontal line icon.
- Choose any language or Off.
Through Android Device
- On the Discovery+ Android app, play any movie or episode.
- Tap anywhere on the screen.
- Select the four dash icon.
- Choose a language or tap Off.
Through Amazon Fire TV
- On the Discovery+ app for Amazon Fire TV or Stick, play any title.
- On your remote, press the Equal sign icon.
- Select the CC option.
- Press the Center button on your remote to enable or disable subtitles.
Through Roku TV or Streaming Devices
- While playing a title, press the Asterisk icon on your remote.
- Select On Replay, On Always, or Off.
Through Apple TV
- On your remote, swipe down while playing a movie or episode.
- Select the Subtitles option.
- Choose English CC, Auto, or Off.
Do you prefer to turn on the closed captions and subtitles or off when streaming a title on Discovery+? You can share your thoughts with us in the comment down below.