Streaming on Disney Plus is fun, especially if you see movies you have watched several years before. The nostalgic feeling adds to the overall experience, and it can make streaming online more exciting. However, there are times when you have encountered errors such as the error code 1017.
What is Error Code 1017 on Disney Plus App?
The Disney Plus error code 1017 shows the message,
“We are having a problem. Please exit the app and try again. Error Code: 1017 – SERVICES_STARTUP_FAILURE.”
It means that there may be a problem with your hardware or the device you are using to stream Disney+. Most users who reported this error are streaming Disney Plus using Samsung or LG smart TVs. But you may also experience the problem when using the Disney+ app on other streamers and mobile devices.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 1017 on Mobile Devices and Smart TVs
Fortunately, there are ways on how you can fix the error code 1017 on your Disney Plus. Check out the methods below to find out how.
Method #1 – Power Cycle Your Device
Power cycling your device will help refresh your connection and hardware device. It can also remove temporary files that may be causing the error.
- Exit your Disney+ app.
- Turn off your device and unplug it from the outlet, if applicable.
- You may also unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your modem and router back in.
- Plug your device back in and turn it on.
- Relaunch your Disney Plus app.
Method #2 – Clear the Cache
Clearing the cache from your Disney+ app can help resolve the issue.
- Navigate to your device setting.
- Go to Applications or Apps.
- Look for Disney Plus. Click to open.
- Select Storage.
- Click cache and data.
- Restart your device and relaunch your Disney+ app.
Method #3 – Install the Latest Update on Your Device
There may be updates that you have not installed on your device.
- To check for available updates, go to your device’s Settings menu.
- Click the System Update or About button.
- Click Install if there are available updates.
- Restart your device.
- Now, try the Disney+ app.
Which of the methods above work for you? Let us know in the comments below.