There are times when everything seems to be a mess with your LG Smart TV and the only thing left to do is to reset the device to its factory default settings. By doing so, you can eliminate petty issues with cache, cookies, browsing data, storage, and even network errors that contribute to the awful experience you might endure.
But keep in mind that it’s not all good benefits for you. In exchange for a fresh start, you will lose all your settings including logins to your installed apps, downloaded content, and even your wifi password. You will need to re-enter this information again after a hard factory reset on your LG Smart TV.
However, if you have made up your mind, and are ready to take the plunge, here are the steps to reset your LG Smart TV to factory settings.
How to Factory Reset your LG Smart TV
This guide applies to the most recent versions of LG Smart TV with WebOS.
- Press the “Home” icon on your remote to go to your Home screen or tap the Settings button (Gear icon) directly on your remote if you have that option.
- If you go to your Home screen, you need to locate and click on the Settings icon (Gear icon) on your TV screen to reveal the rest of the options.
- If you clicked the Settings button on your remote, the settings options will already be presented.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and click on the 3 dots icon to go to All Settings.
- Scroll down the options and go to General.
- On the General tab, go down and locate the “Reset to Initial Settings”
- Click OK to confirm your option.
- Wait for the reset process to complete and after your LG TV reboots you can start configuring your settings again.
Wrapping It Up
That’s it! Now you have a device with newly minted settings as if you just bought a brand new LG Smart TV. Set up all the settings you need, install the apps – Netflix, Disney Plus, or whichever streaming service you use, and you’re off to binge-watch your favorite movies in no time.
Did this guide help you? If you have a different set of setting options in your LG Smart TV, let us know in the comments below.