In the world of online gaming, almost all players are familiar with World of Warcraft (WoW) on PC. For many years, it has become one of the most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) all over the world. You can be immersed in the fantasy world with endless adventures and exciting gameplay.
But, no matter how massive and popular the online PC game is, there are sometimes problems that may come along the way. Some players using Windows 10 computers complain that their Escape (ESC) key on their keyboards is not working when playing WoW.
How to Fix the Escape/ESC Button Stops Working on WoW
There are different reasons why the escape keyboard button stops working on the World of Warcraft in Windows 10. It may be due to faulty installation or maybe caused by some add-ons you installed in the game. No matter what the reason is, there are ways on how you can fix the error.
Method #1 – Disable Add-Ons on WoW
You can easily enable or disable add-ons on World of Warcraft. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the World of Warcraft on your computer.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to Menu.
- Click Add-ons.
- Now, disable the add-ons by unchecking the boxes.
- Once done, restart the game.
Method #2 – Reset In-Game Settings
- Go to the Blizzard Battlenet app.
- Navigate to the Game Settings.
- Look for the World of Warcraft and click to open.
- Select Reset In-Game Options.
- Click Reset.
- Select Done.
- Relaunch the game.
Method #3 – Reset the ESC Keybinding on WoW Settings
Keybinding is a saving grace for online gamers. It serves as a shortcut on their keyboard when they make an action, so it saves them time and allows them to focus more on the game.
- To keybind the ESC key, go to the Main Menu.
- Select Key Binding.
- Select the Interface Panel.
- Now, look for the ESC key and bind it to the Toggle Game Menu.
Which of the methods above help you fix the WoW issue? Let us know in the comments below.