A lot of people are using Google Meet recently for video conferencing but if you only have an Amazon Fire Tablet on hand, you might feel left out. You can only download apps that are available at Amazon’s Appstore, which means, Google Meet is out of the question.
But, Amazon Fire Tablet is running on Fire OS, which is based on Android. So, if you come to think of it, you can actually use an Android app on your Fire Tablet including Google Hangouts and Google Meet. All you need to do is a bit of tweaking so you can install the Google Play Store in an Amazon tablet.
Once you have the Google Play Store on your Fire Tablet, you can now install and use Google Meet for your video meetings. So, how to do this? Follow the steps below.
Enable Downloading of Apps from Unknown Sources
Before you can download Google Play Store on your Fire Tablet, you will need to enable its permission first. To do this, open your Amazon Fire Tablet.
- From your home screen, swipe from the top down and select Settings.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Under Privacy, look for Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Toggle it to the right to enable the function.
- Exit Settings.
BEST DEALS: Amazon Fire Tablets
Keep in mind that the Apps from Unknown Sources is disabled by default to protect you from downloading harmful apps to your tablet. After you have downloaded the apps that you need, you can toggle it back to disable. Otherwise, make sure that you only download apps that are trusted and safe.
Install Google Play Store on Your Fire Tablet
Before you can install Google Play Store, you will first need to know the version of your Fire Tablet. This will allow you to download the right APK file compatible with your tablet version.
- To know your Fire Tablet’s version, go to Settings on your Fire Tablet.
- Next, choose Device Option.
- Select System Updates.
- Take note of the version number found on the screen.
- Now, go to the Silk browser on your tablet.
- Go to APK Mirror to search for the Google Play Store APK files.
- You will need to search the right version of these APK files in this proper order: (1) Google Account Manager (2) Google Services Framework (3) Google Play Services (4) Google Play Store
- Download each APK file by scrolling the page at the bottom and click Download APK.
- During the download process, you will be notified that the files can harm your device. Simply click OK to continue with the download.
- After downloading the four APK files, you can now install them to your Fire Tablet.
- From the main screen, look for Docs and click to open.
- Select Download.
- Click Local Storage.
- You will find the four APK files. Install each APK file but most importantly, do this in the same order as you have downloaded them.
- Once the installation is done, Google Play Store will appear on your Fire Tablet.
Download Google Hangouts Meet
- Now, you can download Google Meet by opening the Google Play Store.
- On the search bar, type Hangouts Meet.
- Click Install and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, you can now use Google Meet.