Vizio offers some of the best soundbars in the market today. With its stylish design and the most up-to-date features, a lot of users are leaning towards buying a Vizio-branded sound bar. Some of its top-of-the-line products include Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology. Paired with a subwoofer, a Vizio soundbar is a perfect partner to liven up your home theater set up.
No matter how great these sound bars from Vizio are, they still need to be patched up from time to time. Firmware updates are a very important part if you want to keep your tech-laden audio device fresh. You can enjoy the latest integrations as well as feature improvements in every firmware update.
The good thing is, Vizio made it easy for users to update the device software on any of their sound bar lineup. Follow the steps below to update your soundbar automatically.
How to Automatically Update Vizio Soundbar Firmware or Device Software
When a new firmware version is available, your Vizio sound bar will automatically download it for you. However, you need to have your device connected to the Internet using the Vizio SmartCast mobile app. Follow the steps below to connect your sound bar to WiFi and update the firmware to the latest version:
Connect your Vizio Sound Bar to WiFi using Vizio SmartCast Mobile App
- Download the Vizio SmartCast mobile app on your phone or tablet from the iOS app store or Google Play Store.
- Next, put your sound bar into WiFi Setup Mode by pressing the Menu button on the VIZIO Sound Bar Remote. Use the arrow keys to locate the WiFi Setup option.
- Then, use the play/pause keys to select WiFi Setup.
- Confirm your selection by pressing the Play/Pause button again.
- When in pairing mode, the sound bar’s front LEDs will begin to cycle as an indication.
- On the Vizio SmartCast app, scroll down and tap on “Devices Settings” on the home screen.
- Tap the “Add New Device” option and follow the on-screen setup prompts.
- Your Vizio soundbar is now connected to the Internet.
Update Vizio Sound Bar from Vizio SmartCast Mobile App
- Go to “Settings > System > Check for Updates” on the Vizio SmartCast mobile app.
- Select “Yes” to confirm your choice to check for updates.
- The sound bar will power off when an update is available. It will download the new firmware and install it automatically.
- The update process can take up to 30 minutes. Take note that the connection to the SmartCast app to the sound bar will be lost as the update is being installed.
- Once completed, the power LED will remain on and the SmartCast app connection will be restored.
NOTE: Do not manually turn on the power on your soundbar during the update process. Once the update is interrupted, you will need to perform the process from the start. Also, make sure to keep the sound bar connected to the power during the update process.
Were you successful in updating the firmware on your Vizio soundbar? Let us know in the comments below which new feature you enjoyed most.