EA Sports gives you the new FIFA 22 game featuring AI improvements, Hypermotion technology, better ball control, gameplay enhancements, and player interaction. It will be the 29th installment in the FIFA football game series where you can play on most gaming consoles like PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch and Stadia or Windows 10/11 PC.
Unfortunately, there have been cases when FIFA22 keeps on lagging, stuttering, and freezing. There are also FPS drops issues with the game on PS4, PS5, PS5 Online, and Windows PC. If you experience these performance errors on FIFA 22, you can resolve them with several solutions and methods we’ve listed below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix FIFA 22 Game Lagging, Stuttering, Freezing, & FPS Drops Issues on PS4, PS5 & Windows PC
Check out the following methods below to know how you can speed up your game, make FIFA 22 run smoother, and fix the lagging, stuttering, freezing, or FPS drops problems. These methods work on any device that supports the game including PS4, PS5, PS5 Online, and Windows 10 computers.
Method #1 – Check if your Device has the Minimum System Requirements
To install FIFA22, you need to have a memory of 8 GB RAM and a storage space of 50 GB. Make sure you have NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB for graphics and Intel Core i3-6100 @ 3.7GHz or AMD Athlon X4 880K @4GHz for Processor. You also need to run on Windows 10 – 64-Bit.
Method #2 – Check your Internet Connection
Do a speed test and make sure you have at least 20 Mbps to play FIFA 22. Otherwise, it will keep on lagging or stuttering. Improve your network signal by elevating your router or bypassing it to connect your device directly to your modem.
Turn off your device, including your router and modem. Wait for at least 3 minutes to power cycle them. Turn them back on and connect to the Internet.
Method #3 – Change the DirectX on your FIFA 22 Folder
- Launch the Documents window on your computer.
- Look for the FIFA 22 folder.
- Open the text file using Notepad.
- Now, look for DirectX and change 0 to 1.
- Save the changes and retry opening FIFA 22.
Method #4 – Install the Latest Upgrade to your Graphics Driver
- Navigate to the Device Manager on your computer. You can use the Search box to look for Device Manager.
- Go to Display Adapters.
- Right-click on your graphic drivers.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- For Windows 11 PC, launch the Settings menu.
- On the left side, click Windows Update.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Click Optional Updates.
- Look for Driver updates and expand the menu.
- Check if there are available updates.
- Click Download & Install.
Method #5 – Turn On or Off the VSync
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel or the AMD Radeon Settings.
- For the NVIDIA Control Panel app, go to Manage 3D Settings.
- Select Vertical Sync.
- If it is on, try to turn it off and vice versa.
- For AMD Radeon Settings, select Gaming.
- Look for Wait For Vertical Refresh and change it to on if it is off and vice versa.
- Now, try to relaunch FIFA 22.
Method #6 – Change to Fullscreen Mode
If you are currently playing using the Windowed Mode, try changing it to full screen and see if it eliminates the lag and stuttering.
Method #7 – Edit the FPS Settings
- Click the Start button and go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Choose Display.
- Click Advanced display.
- For Windows 11, go to Choose a refresh rate. For Windows 10, look for the Refresh rate.
- Now, limit the FPS to 60.
Method #8 – Install Latest Software Update
Make sure you have the latest software version installed on your device. Check if there are available system updates and download them to rule out any outdated system files that might cause the issue when playing the game.
What else did you do to fix the FIFA 22 errors mentioned above? We would love to know more solutions that work. You can share them with us in the comment section below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance