Backing up your files online is of paramount importance, and Google Drive cloud storage can help you with that. You can save your files and documents to your dedicated storage space in Google Drive and access them on other devices without using a USB drive or transferring your files. Google Drive lets you store presentations, photos, documents, videos, and more.
Another thing you can do with Google Drive is to download your files locally through the mobile app or using the web app on your computer browser. However, some users complained that they cannot do so and some errors are preventing them from downloading their files on PC or Mac desktop computer. The Google Drive download feature is not working when users try it using the Microsoft Edge browser.
Some users simply see the “Scanning for Viruses” status at the bottom of their screens and the problem is it gets stuck at that stage. Others are prompted with the error message “Can’t download file. To download this file try enabling third-party cookies for drive.”
Fix Google Drive Downloads Not Working in Microsoft Edge
If you cannot download a file on your Google Drive or cannot find the download link, you can try to resolve and fix the issue by following the methods below.
Solution #1 – Allow googleusercontent Cookies in your Microsoft Edge Browser
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser.
- In the upper right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Settings.
- On the left sidebar, click Cookies and Site Permissions.
- Go to Cookies and Site Data.
- Scroll down and look for the Allow option.
- Click the Add button next to it.
- Enter [*.]googleusercontent.com.
- Click the Add button.
Solution #2 – Turn Off Block Third-Party Cookies Option in your Microsoft Edge Browser Settings
You need to enable third-party cookies on Microsoft Edge browser settings to allow downloading of files on Google Drive.
- On your Microsoft Edge, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to Cookies and site permissions.
- Select Cookies and site data.
- Look for Block Third-Party Cookies.
- Toggle the button to Off or Disable next to it.
Try the methods above and check if you can now download your files on Google Drive.
How to Download Google Drive Files on Microsoft Edge Browser
You can download your Google Drive files and documents locally on your Mac computer or Windows 10/11 PC through your Microsoft Edge browser. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- Look for the file you want to download. If you are downloading several files, you can select them by pressing the Command or Control keys on your keyboard while selecting the files.
- Right-click on them.
- Select Download.
Did the solutions work for you? Were you able to download your file on Google Drive without a problem now? Let us know what you think by writing to us in the comments section below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!