Listening to your favorite tunes on your Windows 10 is easy, thanks to the YouTube Music app. Google launched the app to replace its Google Play Music streaming service. With millions of songs to play at any time, you can listen to any music even while working on your PC computer.
But, there are times when you experience that your YouTube Music app keeps freezing, crashing, pausing, or stopping. This happens when you try to open the dedicated web app on your Windows 10 desktop PC. It can be frustrating, especially when you are in a hurry to get back to what you are doing.
How to Fix YouTube Music Windows 10 App Keeps Crashing, Pausing, Freezing or Stopping on PC
If you encounter crashing, pausing, freezing, or stopping issues on your YouTube Music web app on Windows 10 computer, there are ways to troubleshoot these errors and help you get back to listening to your tunes. Check out each solution below and follow the steps one at a time. Then, check if it fixes the music streaming problem.
Method #1 – Close and Open the App
To help refresh the YouTube Music app settings, you will need to exit it first and then reopen it.
- Close the YouTube Music app.
- Launch the Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, click YouTube Music.
- Click the End Task button at the bottom of the window.
- Reopen the YouTube Music app.
SEE ALSO: How to Get Apple Music Student Discount Plan
Method #2 – Power Cycle Your Windows 10 PC and Router Device
Another way to refresh your connection and app is to power cycle your computer and network device.
- First, exit the YouTube Music app along with other apps.
- Power off your computer.
- Unplug your modem and router and wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug them back in and turn on your PC.
- Open the YouTube Music app.
Method #3 – Clear YouTube Music Cache and Cookies
Since the YouTube Music app is a web app, you will need to clear the cache on your browser. This solution helps fix a lot of network and playback related errors on streaming service platforms. Here’s how to clear your cache and cookies on a Google Chrome browser.
- On your Chrome browser, go to chrome://settings/siteData.
- Look for Search Cookies.
- Select YouTube Music.
- Click the Trash Bin icon on the right side to clear the cache.
Method #4 – Reinstall the YouTube Music Web App
- On your YouTube Music app, click the three-dotted icon.
- Now, select Uninstall YouTube Music.
- Look for Also clear data from Chrome (music.youtube.com) and check the box.
- Click the Remove button.
- On any browser, go to https://music.youtube.com/.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the three-dotted icon on the top right corner.
- Select Install YouTube Music.
- Click Install.
Which of the solutions above fixed the YouTube Music app playback error? We would love to know what works, so drop your answer below.
DON’T MISS: Subscribe to Apple Music Student Plan for Only $4.99/mo