Instagram continues to be a favorite social media platform and it has no signs of stopping any time soon. With the amazing ability to share photos of special and not-so-special moments in your life, who can resist the lure of the ‘Gram?
However, just like most apps these days, Instagram takes the safety and security of its users seriously. This is why it has some measures in place to keep your account protected.
Best Ways to Resolve Instagram Error ‘Confirm it’s You to Log In’
If you’re encountering the error message ‘Confirm it’s You to Log In,’ don’t panic. These additional steps are often necessary to ward off people with ill intentions.
But since this error may be a bit of a bother and can easily ruin your Instagram experience, here are some steps you can take to fix it:
Clear the Instagram App Cache
Cached data can wreak havoc on any app, and Instagram is no exception. This may also be the culprit behind that annoying error message you’re getting. The good news is that clearing the app cache may help fix the Instagram issue.
Follow the Instructions on the Screen of your Device
If you’re seeing the Instagram error ‘Confirm it’s You to Log In,’ the most sensible thing you can do is proceed to follow the instructions that prompt on the screen. Yes, sometimes, the simplest methods are the ones that work best. Here’s what to do:
- Open the latest version of the Instagram app on your device.
- Use your usual login credentials to proceed.
- This is the point when you might see the error message.
- A screen will show up asking you to solve a reCaptcha as a way of proving that you’re a real person and not a bot. Make sure you tread carefully here.
- Instagram will know to ask you to add your phone number. Just add one and then click Submit.
- After clicking the Submit button, you’ll receive a confirmation code via a message. If you don’t receive one, just choose Resend Code or Get New Code.
- Input the code you received.
Use a Different Device to Reset Your Password
You may also resolve the error message if you use a different device to reset your Instagram password. If you’re prompted for a password, just choose the option Forgotten password.
Click the link sent to your device. Come up with a new password and confirm it by re-entering it. Log in to Instagram using your new password.
Submit the Form “My Instagram Account Has Been Deactivated”
Another method you can try is submitting the form “My Instagram account has been deactivated.”
- To do this, just click this link https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/contact/606967319425038.
- Enter your complete name and your email address on the form. Make sure that the email address you enter is the one linked to your account on Instagram.
- Enter your username on Instagram and your mobile number.
- Proceed to describe why you’re trying to appeal the decision of deactivating your account.
- Submit the form and wait for the response from Instagram.
- You will receive an email from Instagram complete with instructions on the next steps to take. The email will also require you to respond with your selfie where you hold a handwritten code as proof of your identity.
- If things go well, you will receive another email from Instagram informing you of the reactivation of your account.
Seeing an error message like ‘Confirm it’s You to Log In’ can easily put a hamper on your Instagram experience. However, worry no more because the simple steps above can help you get right back on track with your ‘Gram experience.