Is your Nintendo Switch not turning on or isn’t charging at all? Many users complained that the battery level of their Nintendo Switch is not adding up whenever they plug their charger into the console. For other users, the battery icon is not even showing up. The problem can also be experienced when charging your Joy-Con controller sticks.
It can be a problem with their Nintendo Switch console, the charger itself, or other reasons relating to batteries, cables, and software issues.
While it is annoying not to be able to charge and turn on your Nintendo Switch device properly, you can try to resolve the error by following several solutions. Check them out below and see if they fix the issue and get your gaming console charged properly or not.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Nintendo Switch Isn’t Charging or Turning On Gaming Console Problem
Below are troubleshooting methods that you can do to resolve the charging problem on your Nintendo Switch. Try to follow each step one at a time and recharge your console if it works. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Method #1 – Perform a Reset on your AC Adapter
- First, unplug your ac adapter from your Nintendo Switch.
- Unplug the other end from the power outlet.
- Let it stay that way for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug both ends back in and see if it charges your console or not.
Method #2 – Check your Adapter for any Signs of Damage
See if there are cuts or kinks on the cable. Make sure your AC adapter has no damage on both ends. If there is a cut or frayed cable, you can replace it with a new one. You can also check the pins on each end for any signs of breakage. See also that you are using model No. HAC-002 adapter that is compatible with your Nintendo Switch.
Method #3 – Do a Power Cycle on your Nintendo Switch
- On your Nintendo Switch, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds.
- Press the Power button again with one click to turn on your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, plug in your charger.
- Press and hold the Power button again for 15 seconds to turn it off.
- Wait 20 minutes while your Nintendo Switch is off but plugged into the charger.
- Press the Power button again to turn it on.
- If it does not work, follow these button sequences.
- Press the Power button and Home button together.
- Press the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously.
- Press the Power button and Volume Down button together.
Method #4 – Use a Different Power Outlet
Your power outlet may not be working properly that is why you cannot charge your Nintendo Switch. Check if there are any signs of damage to your power socket. You can try to plug your charger into another outlet and see if it works.
Method #5 – Contact Nintendo Switch Customer Support
If nothing else works in fixing your Switch battery charging issue, you can try to contact the Nintendo customer support team for further help. Follow these steps:
On any web browser, go to https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact.
Choose your preferred way of contacting customer support. You can select chat, text message, phone, or via a Help ticket.
Did you fix your Nintendo Switch charging problem? What did you do? You can share your solution with us in the comment section below.