Google Chrome is one of the widely used browsers online. A lot of people are using Chrome as their default browser. However, there are instances when technical issues arise and aw snap errors are very common in Chrome and Chromium-based browsers like Opera, Brave and Microsoft Edge. For instance, some users reported that they see the RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA on their Google Chrome.
The RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA aw snap error message shows up when users are trying to load their Google Chrome browser or trying to access a particular website. It is frustrating to see an error when you want to move forward to browsing online.
Still, there are ways on how you can solve the issue. Check out the methods below.
Fix RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA on Google Chrome
Try the troubleshooting methods below to help you find a solution to this aw snap error on Chrome.
Method #1 – Restart Your Google Chrome Browser
- Close the browser. You can also force stop it to shut it down properly.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Launch your Google Chrome and try again.
Method #2 – Download the Latest Google Chrome Version
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- At the upper-right corner, click the three-dotted icon or the More button.
- Click Help.
- Open the About Google Chrome.
- Your browser will automatically check for available updates.
- Install the updates.
- Restart your Chrome browser.
Method #3 – Change Chrome App Compatibility Mode
- On your computer, look for the Chrome icon.
- Right-click on the icon.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Run compatibility mode for, choose Windows 8.
- Click Save.
Method #4 – Clear Your Browser Cache
- On your Chrome browser, click the More button.
- Select More tools.
- Choose Clear browsing data.
- Select the time range. You may select All time to delete all items.
- Now, check the boxes next to Cached images and files.
- Do the same for Cookies and other site data.
- Click Clear data.
Which of the methods above work for you? Let us know in the comments below.