Google Chrome is one of the widely-used browsers in the world today. It has a clean interface, helpful extensions, stable security protocols, and easy navigation. But, there are times when downloading content using Google Chrome takes more waiting time. It can be annoying and a waste of valuable time.
However, with a few tweaks and downloading techniques, you can speed up your Google Chrome browser. Continue reading the article to let you know the ways to improve your Internet download speed and make Google Chrome download faster.
How to Make Google Chrome Download Faster & Boost Speed Limit
Several ways will increase the slow Internet download speed of your Chrome browser. You can try one method at a time and check if it works for you. Try to test it out for a few days and try following the next solution. This will impact downloads including documents, movies, music, and any type of files.
Method #1 – Disable Certain Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome allows you to download extensions to make your browsing experience more convenient and efficient. But, some extensions are using up your bandwidth even if you don’t use them. It helps to remove or disable them, especially if you no longer use these extensions.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ on the address bar.
- Check the list of your Extensions and see if you can remove a few of them. You may choose to disable them temporarily or permanently remove them.
Method #2 – Free Up Your Browser Tabs
We sometimes park on tabs websites we want to revisit later. But, doing so will require some of your precious bandwidths to keep them running. Check your browser tabs and close websites you no longer need at the moment. Another way is to copy and paste these sites on your local notes, so you can copy and paste them back on your browser when you need to visit them.
Method #3 – Update Your Google Chrome Browser to the Latest Version
Browser updates typically contain optimizations that will make your browsing experience faster.
- On your Google Chrome browser, click the More button in the upper right corner.
- Go to Help.
- Click About Google Chrome.
- Download available updates.
Method #4 – Allow Parallel Downloading in Chrome
- On the address bar of your Chrome browser, type chrome://flags and click Enter.
- Enter parallel downloading on the Search box.
- Look for Parallel Downloading.
- Select Enabled from the drop-down menu.
- Click Relaunch.
Method #5 – Clear your Chrome Browsing Data
- Click the More button on your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Check the boxes next to Empty the cache and Delete cookies and other sites and plug-in data.
- Set the time.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Method #6 – Enable Page Prefetch on Your Chrome Browser
- Go to the Settings of your Chrome browser.
- Look for Privacy and security.
- Click the Cookies and other site data option.
- Look for Preload pages for faster browsing and searching.
- Now, you can enable it.
Method #7 – Scan and Check your Computer for Malware and Viruses
- Navigate to the Settings menu of Google Chrome.
- Look for Reset and clean up.
- Select Clean up computer.
- Choose Find. It will begin scanning for viruses.
- Click Remove to delete malware.
Do you have other tricks that will help speed up slow downloads on Google Chrome? It might help other users too! Kindly share them in the comments section below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance