Having a digital assistant can help speed things around. That is why Google Assistant is always helpful when you want to accomplish things at home and in your office. It is a virtual assistant that you can use on your mobile and home devices.
But, there are times when Google Assistant is becoming a nuisance. When you don’t want it around, it keeps popping up. Don’t blame your Google Assistant, it simply works that way. Still, there are ways to keep things in balance and let you have your peace. If your Google Assistant keeps on popping up, check out the methods below on how to stop it.
Fixing Google Assistant Keeps Popping Up Randomly on Chrome and Android
Here are some solutions that might help you solve the problem with your Google Assistant that keeps on popping up randomly.
Method #1 – Disable the Voice Commands
Google Assistant is on alert to your voice commands, so even if you don’t mean to say the command, it pops up when it hears the magic words. You can turn off the voice commands.
- Open the Google Assistant Settings.
- Now, go to the Voice Match.
- Look for Access with Voice Match and toggle the button to off.
Method #2 – Disable Your Google Assistant
- Open your Google app.
- Click the More button or the three-dotted icon at the bottom.
- Select Settings.
- Click Google Assistant.
- Navigate to the Assistant tab.
- Scroll down and under the Assistant devices, click Phone.
- Look for the Google Assistant. Toggle the button to off.
Method #3 – Turn Off the Google Assistant Home Button
- Go to the Settings of your phone.
- Click Apps and go to Default apps. In some devices, the Default apps is found under Advanced.
- Click Assistant & voice input.
- Click the Assist app.
- Select None.
Method #4 – Disable Microphone Permissions
- Open your Google App.
- Go to the App info screen.
- Select Permissions and look for Microphone.
- Toggle the button to off.
Method #5 – Clear the Cache on Google App
- Go to your phone Settings and click Apps.
- Select Google.
- Click Storage.
- Next, click Clear cache.
Which of the methods above worked for you? Let us know in the comments below.