There are so many things going on in Facebook that we sometimes could not keep up. Constantly checking out Timelines, Groups, Marketplace, Messenger Chats and more will also mean more time needed to know everything.
That is why Facebook push notifications are helpful. You don’t have to check your Facebook app on your mobile phone every second to see if there is something new. Facebook will notify you of what is going on right as they happen.
Unfortunately, many iPhone users complain that their Facebook push notifications are not working or loading. Not one alert shows up on their iPhone devices, leaving them clueless with updates on their Facebook. For some users, the notifications are blank. Affected users are mostly those using a device released in 2019 and 2020 such as the iPhone 11.
How to Fix Facebook Push Notifications Not Showing Up or Loading on iPhone
If your Facebook notifications are not showing up or not working on your iOS phone, there are ways on how you can solve the issue. Check out the methods below and follow them one at a time. See if it works for you or not.
Method #1 – Turn Your Facebook Notifications Off and On
Disabling and enabling your Facebook notifications can help refresh the function. To do that:
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your iPhone device.
- Go to Notifications.
- Select Facebook.
- Look for Allow Notifications.
- Toggle it to Off.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Toggle it back to On.
Method #2 – Turn On Push Notifications on your iPhone Settings
Your Facebook push notifications may be disabled on your iPhone. It’s better to check the iOS settings and enable it if needed. To do that:
- Launch your Facebook app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Notification Settings.
- Go to What Notification You Receive.
- Tap each category and make sure to toggle Push On.
- Go to Where You Receive Notifications.
- Make sure that the Push option is On. Otherwise, tap it and turn off Mute Push Notifications.
Method #3 – Turn Off Do Not Disturb Feature on iOS
You may have enabled the Do Not Disturb feature on your iPhone. If you did, it is effectively preventing the notifications from any apps to show up.
- Go to the Settings menu of your iPhone device.
- Look for Do Not Disturb.
- Make sure to toggle it to Off.
Method #4 – Update Your Facebook App
Updates contain bug fixes and new features. It is always advisable to keep your Facebook app updated to maintain your privacy level at the top and enjoy newly added features.
- Launch the App Store.
- At the bottom, tap Updates.
- Look for Facebook and install available updates.
Method #5 – Restart Your iPhone
A quick restart can help refresh all your iPhone’s functions and your network connection.
- Press and hold the side button.
- Once the power off slider appears, drag it.
- Wait for a few seconds for your iPhone to turn off.
- Now, turn it back on.
Method #6 – Update Your iPhone’s iOS Version
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Go to Software Update.
- Install the available update.
Which of the methods above helped you fix the Facebook notifications error? We would love to know, so tell us in the comments below.