Have you seen something memorable when watching videos on Twitch, and you want to save them? Saving the entire video is possible to most platforms, but it can only clutter your storage space with its huge size. Twitch allows you to capture only a portion of the video through Twitch Clips.
Twitch Clips: What Are They?
Watching Twitch videos enable gamers to learn different gameplays from other players. Twitch also connects you with other users by adding comments on the live stream. Through the platform, there are hundreds of live streaming videos you can watch that features your favorite online games.
This feature is similar to Highlights, but the main difference is that you can create a Clip of anyone’s stream, however, you can only make Highlights from streams on your own channel.
If there is a “pro tip” that you want to capture, you can do so by creating Twitch Clips. Creating clips will save 5 to 60 seconds of the video. These Twitch Clips are available for you to rewatch anytime you want, especially if you have a game strategy you want to master.
Creating Twitch Clips
Twitch makes it easier for you to create clips. With only a few clicks of the button, you can have clips saved to your account.
- Go to https://www.twitch.tv/.
- Login to your account.
- Play a video that you want to watch.
- If you see a memorable moment on the video, hover your mouse to the lower right corner.
- Click the Clip icon. You may also press the Alt + X key.
- A new window will open. You can adjust your clip.
- Click Publish.
- Add the title and description of your clip.
- Click Save.
Managing Twitch Clips
After creating your Twitch clips, you can manage them on your dashboard. You can delete, share, and download your clips from there.
- Go to your account dashboard.
- Select Contents.
- Click Clips.
- You can also go to https://dashboard.twitch.tv/content/clips.
- To share a clip, copy the unique link of the clip, and paste it.
- To delete a clip, check the box next to it.
- Click the Trash button.
How to Download or Share Twitch Clips
You can download a Twitch clip to your computer or share it on other social media channels as long as you made the clip, or the video is on your own personal channel.
- Open your Creator Dashboard.
- Click Content.
- Click Clips.
- Select the clip that you want to download.
- Click the Share icon.
- Click Download.
However, if you want to download a clip that is not yours or not on your personal channel, you will need to use a third-party downloader tool such as Clipr.
Is creating a Twitch clip helpful for you as an online gamer? We would love to know what you think. You can tell us your opinion below.