Twitch is a huge streaming platform with millions of users every day. It is built primarily for gamers but a lot of other content is now available on the Amazon service including music. However, just like in other social media platforms, the differences among people can sometimes trigger issues that result in verbal harassment. And, most of the time, blocking someone is the only thing left to do to continue using Twitch in peace and harmony.
To help creators and users, Twitch has provided tools and several other ways to deal with harassment. And, blocking other users is one of the most effective methods to do the job.
When you block someone on Twitch they will not be able to:
- Follow you
- Add you as a friend
- Host you
- Send you whispers
- Purchase gift subscriptions on your channel
On top of that, their messages will also be filtered out of the chats you do not moderate. So, how do you block someone on Twitch using the web app or the Android and iOS mobile app?
Use the Stream Chat to Block or Unblock People on Twitch Website or App
- Log in to your Twitch account on twitch.tv or launch the mobile app.
- Look for the channel you want to stream and open it.
- Click the username of the person you want to block on the stream chat.
- Hit the vertical three-dot button on the pop-up screen.
- Select Block [username] or Unblock [username] from the options menu.
- On the next screen, Twitch will remind you of what will happen when you block the person.
- Just select Block.
How to Block and Unblock Someone on Twitch Chat using Commands
Another easy way to block or unblock someone on Twitch is to use commands. You can enter these commands directly on the stream chat.
- Command to block a user: /block [twitch username]
- Command to unblock a user: /unblock [twitch username]
Unblocking a Person through the Twitch Settings on Mobile and Web App
- On the Twitch app or website, click on your profile picture to find more options.
- Select Settings (on the website) or Account Settings (on Android or iOS mobile app).
- Click on the Security and Privacy tab in the middle and go to the Privacy section.
- Now, click on the Show Blocked Users just under the Blocked Users section.
- Scroll down the list or search for the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Next to their names, hit the trash can icon to unblock or remove them from the blocked list.
How was your experience with Twitch? Did you have to block a lot of users? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.