Windows Defender Firewall is a useful tool in Windows 10 to prevent hackers and harmful threats from getting into your computer. While you work on your PC, you can have peace of mind knowing that Windows Defender Firewall maintains the security and protection of your computer.
As the security app blocks malicious access to your PC, it also sends notifications to alert you of its activities. Some users need to know what apps are getting blocked by Windows Defender Firewall. However, not everyone is happy to receive these notifications, some people want it to stop bothering them.
How to Disable or Enable Windows Security Firewall Notifications on Windows 10 PC
There are two ways to enable or get rid of your Windows 10 Firewall notifications. You can read the methods below and choose the one you find most practical for you.
Turn On or Off Windows 10 Firewall Notifications via Windows Security Defender Security Center
- Launch the Search bar of your Windows 10 PC.
- Enter Windows Security.
- Click the Windows Security app.
- Select the Firewall & network protection.
- Scroll down and look for Firewall notification settings. Click to open it.
- Go to the Notifications section.
- Click Manage notifications.
- Under Firewall & network protection notifications, you will find Notify me when Windows Defender Firewall blocks a new app.
- Uncheck or check the firewall options that you want to disable or enable. To turn on or off all three firewalls, toggle the button.
Enable or Disable Windows Defender Firewall Notifications Via Control Panel
- Launch the Control Panel of your Windows PC.
- Go to System and Security.
- Select Windows Firewall.
- Click the Change notification settings on the left panel.
- Look for Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new app and check or uncheck the box.
- Click OK.
Advance users also have the option to enable or disable Windows Firewall notifications using the Windows 10 Group Policy or Registry Editor.
Would you prefer to enable or disable the Windows Defender Firewall Notifications? You can share your reasons with us in the comments below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance