Sharing files with other people is easy using Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage service. You can set whether to let them edit some changes or just view the file. Any action performed on the file will send you a notification.
It is helpful to see notifications for your shared OneDrive files on Windows 10 PC. That way, you will know if there were changes made to your file. But, what if you don’t like to be notified every time something is happening? If you don’t want any notification from your shared files, you can turn it off. You can easily re-enable the setting when needed.
How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Shared Files Notifications on Windows PC
There are three ways to receive a notification for changes in your OneDrive shared files and documents.
Email: You will receive an email when there are any changes on your file.
In-app: You will see the notifications right there on the app you are using like Excel, Word, or PowerPoint.
Notification Center: The notifications are available in the Windows 10 Action Center.
If you do not like seeing a notification for every comment or change, follow the steps below to disable it on your Windows 10 PC.
Method #1 – Add or Remove OneDrive Notifications Via OneDrive Settings
- Go to your system tray and click the OneDrive icon.
- Go to Help & Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Look for When others share with me or edit my shared items and uncheck the box.
- Click the OK button.
Method #2 – Turn On or Off OneDrive Shared File Notifications on Email
This method works on any browser on Windows 10, Chromebook, Linux or Mac computers.
- First, launch any browser on your computer.
- On the address bar, type https://onedrive.live.com/options/NotificationOptions and hit Enter.
- Uncheck the box next to People make changes to files we’re sharing.
- Click the Save button.
Method #3 – Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications Through Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Open the Registry Editor on your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts\Personal.
- Right-Click on Personal.
- Select New.
- Choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type the name ShareNotificationDisabled.
- Double-Click it.
- On Value Data, set it to 1.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Do you have other ways that can help turn off OneDrive shared files notifications on Windows 10? Sharing your methods can help other users, so, we would love to know your answers. Please write them down in the comments section below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance