Did you know that you can change the default keyboard on your Amazon Fire tablet? Now, you don’t have to get stuck in using the same look and layout on your keyboard. If you install and change a new keyboard app, you can customize the color, theme, and layout.
An Amazon Kindle Fire tablet comes with a default keyboard included in its ready-to-use interface. You don’t have to worry about finding and installing another keyboard app if you need to use one. Amazon Fire got it covered for you.
But, seeing the same thing over and over again becomes too tedious and is not inspiring at all. Wouldn’t it be great to sync the look of your Amazon Fire tablet keyboard based on your current mood? It is fun!
Third-Party Keyboard Apps you can Install on your Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet
There are a lot of options when choosing a third-party keyboard app to add and install to your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet. But, let’s just list down some of the best in the market to streamline your choices.
- Gboard – free Google keyboard
- Chrooma – free limited features with a monthly subscription to unlock full function
- SwiftKey – Microsoft’s free keyboard app
- AnySoftKeyboard – a free open-source software keyboard app
- GO Keyboard – free keyboard app with paid premium versions for full features
- Fleksy – free keyboard app with in-app purchases
- Kika 2020 Keyboard – free keyboard app with ads
How to Download & Change Amazon Fire Tablet Default Keyboard with 3rd-Party Option
The first thing to do is select the third-party keyboard app you want to change and install on your Amazon Fire tablet. Go to Amazon AppStore on your Amazon Fire tablet and download and install the app. You can also get your keyboard app using the Google Play Store since your Fire tablet is an Android device too.
Once the keyboard app is installed, follow the steps below to change your default keyboard on your Amazon Fire tablet mobile device.
- Launch the Settings menu of your Amazon Fire tablet.
- Scroll down and select Device options.
- Choose Keyboard & Language.
- Under Keyboard & input methods, select Show/Hide Keyboards.
- Look for the Third-Party Keyboard section.
- Beside the keyboard app of your choice, toggle the button to On.
- Go back to Keyboard & input methods.
- Select Current Keyboard.
- Choose the keyboard of your choice.
- Tap Keyboard Settings.
- You will be directed to the settings of your keyboard app. Modify it according to your preferences.
You can switch your keyboards at any time you want. All you have to do is tap the small keyboard icon found at the bottom right corner on your navigation bar to switch it.
What keyboard app will you be replacing the default keyboard on your Amazon Fire tablet with? You can share your thoughts to us below on what you liked best about your choice of keyboard app.
NEED A NEW DEVICE? Select Amazon Fire tablet models are heavily discounted right now!