When you have to sit down and wait for a long time, having a movie to watch on your laptop can make the situation more enjoyable. The Netflix desktop dedicated app for Windows 10 enables users to download content from the streaming app and watch them offline. Even without the Internet, you can still catch up with your favorite movies and TV shows.
Downloading titles from Netflix will automatically save the file where the Netflix app is located. By default, the Netflix app is stored in the drive where you can find your Windows 10 operating system files. Some users complain that they ran out of storage space easily when they try to download movies for offline streaming.
The best thing to do to remedy the situation is to change the Netflix offline video download location on your Windows 10 PC drive. Unfortunately, you cannot change the default download location of the Netflix content. It will automatically save to where the location of the Netflix app. Still, some workarounds will help you fix the problem.
How to Change your Video Download Location for Offline Netflix Titles in Windows 10
Since you cannot change the video download location for your offline Netflix movies and TV series using a straightforward method, a perfect solution is to move it to another drive. Check out the two options below to find out how you can do it.
Solution #1 – Move Netflix Windows App Installation to Another Drive
- Go to the Settings menu of Windows 10.
- Click Apps.
- Select Apps & features.
- Choose Netflix.
- Click the Move button.
- Select the drive where you want to move the files. The default location of the Netflix app is C: so choose another drive. But, make sure it has enough storage space.
- Click the Move button again.
Solution #2 – Change the Location of New Content
If you can’t move the Netflix app on Windows 10 and the Move button is not available or greyed out, you can change the default location on where to save the new content. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings menu of Windows 10.
- Select Apps.
- Go to Apps & features.
- Click Netflix.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Go back to the Settings.
- Choose System.
- Select Storage.
- Select Change where new content is saved.
- Under the New apps will save to, click the drop-down menu.
- Select the new default drive.
- Now, you can reinstall Netflix. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/netflix/ to download a new copy of the app.
- The Netflix app will then automatically save on the new default drive.
Were you successful in moving your offline download content to a new location? Are there other ways for you to change the Netflix download location in Windows 10? You can share with us below.