One of the most frustrating things that can happen with your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick is when the Bluetooth remote won’t connect or pair with your device. Not being able to control your streaming device can be a real pain, especially when you’re in the middle of watching a movie or trying to get to your favorite show.
There are a few different reasons why your remote control on Amazon Fire TV Stick device might not be working properly, but fortunately, there are also a few different ways to fix it. In this blog post, we will go over some of the possible causes of your remote pairing or connection issue and how you can fix them.
TODAY’S DEALS: Amazing offers on Fire TV Stick devices at Amazon right now!
Why Won’t your Remote Pair with Firestick or Fire TV Device?
- The remote is out of sync with the Fire TV Stick or Firestick. To fix this, resync the remote by holding the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Something might be blocking the infrared sensor on the Fire TV or Firestick. Make sure nothing is blocking the sensor, and try again.
- The batteries in the remote might be low. Try replacing the batteries and see if that fixes the problem.
Ways to Fix your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick Remote Control Not Working, Won’t Connect or Pair Issue
First, try replacing the batteries in your remote. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your Fire TV or Firestick by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
If neither of those solutions work, you may need to factory reset your device. To do this, go to Settings > Device > Reset and follow the prompts. Keep in mind that this will delete all of your data and settings, so be sure to back up anything you don’t want to lose first.
How to Prevent this Problem from Happening Again on your Fire TV Stick Remote
- Setup from scratch: Once you’ve reset your device, try setting it up again from scratch. This time, make sure that you’re using the correct HDMI input on your TV and that your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly. With any luck, this should fix the problem and you’ll be able to enjoy your Fire TV or Firestick again without issue.
- Re-pair your remote: If restarting didn’t help, you may need to re-pair your remote with your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick. To do this, go to Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Amazon Fire TV Remotes and select the “Pair new remote” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Update your software: Outdated software can sometimes cause problems with connecting devices like remotes. To update your software, go to Settings > Device > About > Check for System Update and follow the prompts.
- Contact customer support: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact Amazon customer support for further assistance.
Hopefully one of these solutions will fix your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick remote not working issue.
If your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote control device isn’t working or won’t connect or pair through Bluetooth, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue. First, check the batteries and make sure they’re properly installed.
If that doesn’t work, try resetting your Fire TV Stick device by holding down the back button and the right arrow button at the same time for 10 seconds. You can also try unplugging your device for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Amazon customer service for further assistance.