Streaming movies and TV shows can ease the tension after a long day but it can also consume a lot of your precious data. If you have a data cap on your Internet provider, you will have to make sure you are not going beyond the limit.
The good thing about Amazon Fire TV Stick is you can always check how much data has been used by the device. Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick have a feature called Data Monitoring, which shows the amount of data you have used for the month. You can check the overall data usage of the system or you can monitor the data usage by app. Data usage will be shown for the past 30 days.
What’s great about the Data Monitoring feature is that it allows you to set a data cap value. Once you have reached the cap value, a notification will be sent so you are aware that you are already beyond the daily limit. You can always reset the cap value, depending on how you want to monitor it. Still, it cannot control your data usage. You will need to control your viewing activities and make sure you are not going beyond your data caps.
How to Check App Data Usage on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- On your Amazon Fire Stick remote, press the Home button.
- At the top of the screen, click Settings.
- Scroll the selection to the right until you see Preferences and click to open.
- Next, click Data Monitoring.
- Click On to enable the monitoring feature.
- Once you set it on, you will see other options. You can set the video quality. Amazon Fire Stick has Good, Better, and Best for Video Quality. TV Stick 4K users will have the additional 4K option. Your data usage will vary on the video quality you choose, starting from a low data use on Good quality to higher data usage on Best video quality.
How to Set Data Cap Value on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Follow the procedure above. Under Set the Video Quality, you will see Set Data Alert. Click to open. Set the data cap value in GB that you want for each day. Once you reached this data cap, you will receive a notification.
Check App Data Usage by Apps
Follow the procedure above. Still, under Data Monitoring, click Monthly Top Data Usage. It will then show how much data has been used by each App. On the right, you will see the Current Data Usage and Last Month’s Usage.
Using the methods above will help you monitor and control your data usage for each month so you will not have to incur extra charges from your Internet service provider.
What do you think of Amazon Fire TV Stick Data Monitoring? Share with us your thoughts in the comments below.
NEED A NEW DEVICE? Check out these offers on the latest Fire TV Stick models at Amazon!