Being able to control the audio volume on your Windows 11 PC gives you flexibility. If you are watching a movie or on a video conference, it helps if you can set the volume output of the sound you’re hearing to where you are comfortable.
However, many users complained that the volume of audio on their Windows 11 PC is unusually low. Even when they try to turn it up, the sound is not following through. The music or other audio coming from your computer is unusually low and too quiet even for a standard definition. Usually, it happens when they open system and third-party apps.
How to Troubleshoot & Repair Audio Volume Too Low Problem on Windows 11 Computers
It is frustrating if the audio volume output on your Windows 11 computer is too low or too quiet for you to properly hear the sound. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot the error and fix the cause of the issue by following the solutions below. Check the workaround one at a time and see if you can change and improve your audio quality.
Solution #1 – Restart your Windows 11 PC
You can start repairing the sound problem by shutting down your Windows 11 PC. If there are audio devices plugged into your computer, you can remove them also. Wait for a few seconds, then power on your PC. Plug your audio device back in and relaunch the app.
Solution #2 – Check the Volume Setting
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows 11 PC.
- Navigate to System.
- Select Sound.
- Choose Volume Mixer.
- Check the volume level of your devices.
Solution #3 – Run the Microsoft Troubleshooter on Windows 11
- Launch the Settings menu of your Windows 11 PC.
- Go to System.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- On the right side, select Other troubleshooters.
- Navigate to Most Frequent section.
- Look for Playing Audio.
- Click the Run button next to it.
- Choose the audio device you are using.
- Select Yes.
- Once the process is done, restart your computer.
Solution #4 – Reinstall your Audio Device
- If you are currently using a sound device on your Windows 11 PC, you can uninstall and reinstall it.
- Open the Search menu and enter Device Manager.
- Click the Device Manager from the results.
- Scroll down and look for Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Click the down arrow to expand the menu.
- Look for your audio device and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall Device.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall the audio driver.
Solution #5 – Update your Audio Device Driver on PC
- Launch the Device Manager.
- Navigate to Sound, video, and game controllers and expand the menu.
- Right-click on your audio device.
- Select Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After installing the update, restart your PC.
Do you have other ideas on how to fix the low audio output issue on Windows 11 computers? You can share them in the comments section below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!