Zoom is a reliable video conferencing platform that you can use to connect with your family, friends, teammates, or co-workers. With various tools and features, it will make you feel like everyone is just by your side.
Unfortunately, one of the common problems during Zoom meetings is hearing no sound. There are times when the audio is not working on Zoom when using an Android phone or iOS iPhone and even desktop computers like Windows 10 PC or Mac. If this is your case, you can try to fix the error with several solutions below.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix No Sound or Audio Not Working Issues in Zoom Meetings on PC, Mac, Android, & iOS
Below are troubleshooting tips that you can do to resolve the audio issues if you can’t hear any sound during your Zoom video meeting. You can follow each solution one at a time and check if the error is still there.
Method #1 – Check if your Speaker is On
You may have overlooked it, but there are instances when your speaker is off during the meeting. Go to the top left corner of your screen and look for the Speaker icon. If it has an X mark next to it, tap or click the icon to activate the speaker.
Method #2 – Check your Device’s Volume
Launch the Volume Mixer of your device and check if the volume on the Zoom app is on. Make sure to adjust the volume too high. To access the speaker volume on your device, navigate to the Sound settings.
Method #3 – Test your Zoom Speaker
- On the Zoom app, go to your profile picture.
- Click or tap the Gear icon.
- On the left side, navigate to Audio.
- Go to the right side, go to the Speaker section.
- Make sure to select the right speaker for your Zoom meeting. Adjust the Volume on your speaker.
- Click or tap Test Speaker.
Method #4 – Adjust Zoom Settings
- Go to the Settings menu by clicking the Gear icon.
- Navigate to Audio.
- On the right side, go to the Music and Professional Audio.
- Check the Show in-meeting option to “Turn On Original Sound.”
- Look for Echo cancellation and uncheck it.
Method #5 – Restart your Device
If you still experience the same audio error, you can exit the Zoom app and relaunch it. If it still does not work, try to close the app and restart your device. It will help refresh the connection.
Method #6 – Use a Different Speaker or Headphone
It may be an issue with the current speaker you are using. Try connecting to a Bluetooth speaker or a headset.
Method #7 – Update your Zoom App
- Close the Zoom app.
- Launch the Store section of your device.
- Look for Zoom and check if there are available updates.
- Install them and restart your device.
- Relaunch Zoom and try to connect to your call again.
Method #8 – Reinstall the Zoom App
If nothing works, you can uninstall the Zoom app and reinstall a new version.
Which of the methods above work for you? We would love to know what works! You can write your answer in the comment section below.