It is annoying not to properly visualize dialog boxes on your computer. Many users have reported blurry file open and save dialog boxes on their Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge Chromium browsers. It appears to be in a poor resolution even if the rest of the screen is clear.
There may be different reasons why you have a blurry file open save dialog box windows. The good news is that there are also fixes that can help you solve this error.
Check out the steps below to help you bring back a clear resolution on your file open dialog box.
How to Fix Blurry Open Save File Dialog Box in Google Chrome
Here is how to fix this issue on a Google Chrome browser.
- Look for your Google Chrome browser and right-click on the icon to open a drop-down window.
- Select Properties.
- Look for the Compatibility tab and go to the Settings section.
- Click Change high DPI settings.
- A new dialog box will open. Now, go to the High DPI scaling override.
- Check the option Override high DPI Scaling behavior.
- Under it, you will find the Scaling performed by. Select Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK and check if the error still exists.
Fixing Blurry File Open Save As Dialog Box in Microsoft Edge
Fixing this problem in Microsoft Edge browser is pretty much the same to what we did with Chrome. Follow the steps below:
- Look for your Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- On the icon, right-click to open the drop-down window.
- Click Properties.
- Look for the Compatibility tab. Under it, go to the Settings section.
- Click the Change high DPI settings option. A new window will open.
- Look for Override high DPI scaling behavior. Make sure it is checked. Otherwise, check the box.
- Under the option, you will see the Scaled performed by. Click the drop-down menu and select Application.
- Now, click OK.
- Try to check if the blurry dialog box is fixed.
Follow each step one at a time and let us know if the solutions above work for you. Drop us a comment below.