Google Search offers a plethora of information about everything you can think of in this world. With the data interconnected with each other, no wonder you get hundreds of resources from a few keywords.
By default, Google only shows a total of 10 search results per page. If you want more information, you will have to go to the next page. Google established such a setting to keep its search algorithm at an efficient pace.
The more search results appearing on a single page, the slower the search algorithm is working.
However, if you want to forego the speed a bit, you can raise the bar and get more than 10 results in your search per page. You can set the number of search results shown on a single page to 10, 20, 30, 50, or even 100.
How to Show or Display More Than 10 Results per Page on Google Search
Method #1 – Set the Value in The Google Search Settings
- On your browser, go to Google.com.
- At the bottom right corner, click Settings.
- Select Search Settings.
- Go to Search results and on the right side of the screen, you will see the Results per page.
- Now, drag the slider to the value that you want to set.
- You may also edit other settings while you are on the page.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Method #2 – Add the Parameters to the URL
If you only want to get more than 10 results per page for a particular search, you can only add the search parameter to the URL. The advantage is not to apply the changes to all searches and only on that specific search result.
This method is also ideal for users who are not signed in to Google especially if you are working on a public computer or a borrowed device.
- To add the search parameter, go to Google.com.
- Type the keywords that you want to search and press Enter.
- When the search results appear, go to the URL in the address bar.
- At the end of the URL, add this code: &num=X. X should be the number of search results you want to appear per page. For instance &num=20, for 20 search results per page.
- Hit Enter again to reload the search results page with the number of results you have set.
It is that easy! Using the two methods above can give you options on how you want your search results to appear in Google. Was the article helpful? Tell us in the comments below.