Your PowerPoint presentations should always be professional, polished, and organized, whether it’s for a work presentation, a school project, or just something to show to family and friends. Your goal here is to wow your audience and make sure they grasp your point.
But whether you like it or not, you need to make some changes to your presentation, especially if there are duplicate slides. How do you find and remove these duplicate slides, then?
Here are some steps you can take to help you remove the slides you no longer need for a more refined PowerPoint Presentation.
Finding Duplicate Slides in Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations
But you can always check them one by one and the good news is that deleting them after you find them is pretty easy and straightforward.
Right-Click the Duplicate Slides to Remove Them
Probably the easiest and most preferred way to delete duplicate slides in your PowerPoint presentations is to rely on the good old right-click method.
- To do this, open the PowerPoint presentation where you need to make some changes.
- Click on the slide’s preview using a mouse.
- Right-click on that slide and choose Delete Slide or Delete from the drop-down menu that shows up.
Deleting Multiple Subsequent Slides
You don’t have to bother if you need to delete several slides at the same time because PowerPoint allows you to do just that. You can delete multiple slides beside each other by pressing and holding the Shift button.
- Choose the first and final slide of that section. Doing this will make you choose these slides and the rest of the slides included in the section.
- After you have selected all the slides, you can just delete them using the same method as described above.
Deleting Multiple Slides Not Next to Each Other
There are times when you might want to delete duplicate slides that might not be located in the same spot.
- To delete them, simply press and hold the Command or CTRL key on every single slide you wish to delete.
- After you have selected all the slides, just right-click on any of these and choose the Delete option.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Deleting Duplicate Slides in Microsoft PowerPoint
One more method for deleting duplicate slides in your PowerPoint is to click on the slide and then press the Delete key on the keyboard. You can also click the Backspace button on the keyboard once you’ve clicked the preview.
Your PowerPoint presentations should always be flawless and faultless, whether they’re for professional or personal use. Sadly, there are times when slides may end up duplicated because of glitches or a mere mistake on your part.
Whatever it is, learning how to find and remove these duplicate slides can make a big difference. Follow the tips above and have the most captivating PowerPoint presentations every single time!