Microsoft released a new update for Windows last April 12, 2022. It includes security and non-security updates as well as fixes and improvements. While many users benefit from the recent software update release, some people complained of an issue with their web browsers after installing the Windows Update.
According to reports, some web browsers cannot launch after the latest update is installed. They see the error message,
“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application”.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Chrome, Edge, Firefox Browser Crashing with Error Code 0xc0000022 After Latest Windows Update Installation
Seeing an error can be frustrating, especially after installing a new update that can improve your Windows OS. You may expect to enjoy a better performance but instead, encounter a crippling browser crashing issue. However, you can resolve the error code 0xc0000022 browser problem by trying out the various troubleshooting methods and workarounds below.
Perform an SFC and DISM Scan
- Click the Start button.
- On the Search box, enter Command Prompt.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow.
- After finishing the scan, enter the following command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth.
- Next, enter the following command: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
Turn Off your Antivirus App
- Launch the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Head over to Privacy & Security.
- Select Windows Security.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Go to Real-time protection and toggle the button to Off.
Enable ESET LiveGrid
- Open the ESET app on your Windows PC.
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard.
- Select Detection Engine.
- Go to Cloud-Based Protection.
- Look for Enable ESET LiveGrid reputation system and toggle the button to Enable.
- Look for Submit anonymous statistics and toggle the button to Enable.
- Click OK.
Disable Secure Browser
- Launch the ESET app on your PC.
- Press the F5 key.
- Go to Web and Email.
- Select Banking & Payment Protection.
- Look for Secure all browsers and toggle the button to Disable.
- If you are using the Avast Secure Browser, launch the Task Manager on your Windows PC.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Click Avast Secure Browser.
- Click the Disable button.
Uninstall the Windows Update
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Select Windows Updates.
- Click the Advanced options.
- Go to View your Updates History.
- Look for the update that you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
Use Vivaldi or Brave Browsers
If you cannot continue with your current web browser, you can try using Vivaldi or Brave. According to some users, they can still use the Internet and browse the web with these two options.
Which of the solutions above fix your Windows error? You can tell us in the comment section below.