Collaboration and video conferencing tools like Cisco Webex app for video meetings have truly changed how businesses and organizations go about important meetings and communication. With remote work setup continuously becoming the norm, the tool is of big help to the users especially the ones using a Windows 10/11 PC.
The bad news is that some people complain that Cisco Webex Service is one of the main culprits behind their high CPU usage on user’s computer. Although this problem has several potential causes, don’t worry because you can easily fix it as long as you know what to do.
How to Troubleshoot Video Meeting App Problem & Fix Cisco Webex Service High CPU Usage Problem
Use the Enable Hardware Acceleration Feature
When your Cisco Webex Service registers high CPU usage every time you make video calls, you must enable the hardware acceleration feature so you can bring it back to normal. The feature also helps you encode better self-view videos to balance CPU usage.
Just follow these steps to use this feature:
- Open the app for Cisco Webex Service and tap on your profile photo.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Choose the Video tab located on the top portion of the screen.
- Check the box for the option Enable Hardware Acceleration.
Take note, however, that the hardware acceleration feature is exclusively available on Mac and Intel CPUs. It means that it is unavailable on your PC if you can’t find it there at all.
End the Cisco Webex Service Process from the Task Manager
If you encounter high CPU usage concerns even if you’re not using the Cisco Webex Service app, your best course of action is to go to the Task Manager and end the task there. Most users reported that it helped fix the issue for them.
- Press on the Windows key + X and choose the option labeled Task Manager.
- Right-click on the Webex service as well as its associated components and choose End task.
- Once the service starts on your computer, right-click on the Startup tab located on the top portion.
- Click on the Disable option.
Uninstall the Cisco Webex Service App and Install It Again
Most users were able to solve the high CPU usage issue of Cisco Webex Service after they uninstalled and reinstalled the app. If none of the fixes above worked for you, your last resort is to start from scratch.
- Press on the Windows key + 1 and choose the Apps option.
- Pick the app for Cisco Webex Service and click on the Uninstall button.
- Complete the process of removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Proceed to the official website of the service to download the app’s latest version.
Cisco Webex Service is no doubt a handy tool for video conferencing and other communication purposes. But if you ever encounter issues regarding high CPU usage every time you use the app, all you have to do is try the steps above so that you can continue enjoying its perks to the fullest.