Your mobile phone and Windows computer can work together if you set them up correctly. If you have an Android phone and a Windows 10 PC, you can now synchronize your phone’s notifications with your computer and display them on your desktop. This feature has already been tested, and is now available to everyone.
In order to use this feature, you need to simply configure it in Your Phone app. You can also use Your Phone app to synchronize photos and text from your computer. The future version, which is already being tested, will allow you to duplicate the entire screen of your Android phone on your desktop and interact with it from your PC. If you are using Android, we strongly recommend that you set up this app, especially now that the notification mirror is finally available.
How to Get Android Notifications on your Windows 10 PC using Your Phone App
- Install Your Phone app on your computer in the Microsoft Store by clicking the get button to start downloading.
- After installing Your Phone, click Start on the Store page or on the Windows Start menu.
- Click “Get started”.
- Sign in (or create) with your Microsoft account, and then click Continue.
- Tap the Link Phone button. A text link will then be sent to the application for your Android.
- On your Android phone, open the text and tap the Google Play Store link for the Phone Companion app. Tap Install.
- Open the Your Phone Companion app on your Android device.
- Sign in to your phone application with your Microsoft account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete pairing.
Once your devices are synchronized, you can view text, photos, notifications, and a preview of your phone screen by clicking the tabs on the side menu of the PC application. Advanced notifications from your phone are also displayed as notifications on your computer’s desktop. You can also configure the notification behavior in the application settings menu when it becomes a bit heavy.
To Download Your Phone App on Windows 10
- The first thing you need to do to get started is to download the Your Phone application from the Microsoft Store to a PC running Windows 10. The only requirement for a computer is that it has a Windows Update on it on April 10, 2018 or later.
- To start your Android smartphone, you need the Your Phone Companion app. There are two ways to do this. First, you can go directly to the Google Play Store and download it from there. Otherwise, the “Your phone” application in Windows 10 will prompt you to enter your phone number, and a link will appear to download the application to your phone.
To Download Your Phone App on Android
- Search for Microsoft text with a link to install the Phone Companion app (or just find the app yourself in the Play Store), and then install it.
- Open the Your Phone Companion app and then press “Sign in with Microsoft”.
- Enter your Microsoft login details. Make sure you are using the same account as the account specified in the Your Phone Companion app on your computer.
- Give the application the necessary permissions.
- When the application prompts you to configure the phone application on your computer, press “My PC is ready.
- When the application prompts you to allow the connection, press Allow.
To Connect your Phone to your PC
There is only a small configuration left, the part where you can send notifications.
- Open your phone’s system settings, search for “Notification Access” and then select the option.
- Find the Your Phone Companion app in the list and activate the button next to it.
- Click on “Allow” in the confirmation screen that appears.
- Return to the Your Phone app on your computer and click the Notifications tab on the left side of the screen. If you don’t see the Notifications tab, close and reopen the application.
- Click Start, and then click Open settings for me. You’ve already made your settings manually, so you should go directly to the app’s notification screen.
How to Use Microsoft Applications on Android and PC
If you want to get the most out of the apps between your Android phone and your Windows computer, using Microsoft apps from the Google Play Store is one of the best ways.
When you download Microsoft Apps, you’ll see a list of applications that are compatible with your Windows 10 PC and Android smartphone. Applications include Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, OneDrive, and other Microsoft applications.
You should now be able to receive and send text messages directly from your Windows 10 computer.
Thank you for reading this guide to receive Android notifications on your Windows 10 computer. What do you think of this new feature? Let us know in the comments below.