Streaming Disney Plus is more fun when you watch it on a bigger screen. You can easily stream Disney Plus on your Samsung smart TV but for some users, an error blocked their access. Many users have reported the error code 1026 when they start to launch their Disney Plus app. They encounter this error message,
“We’re having a problem. Exiting the App. Error Code: 1016 – App_Config_Failure.”
If you happen to have the same problem don’t worry. There are several ways on how to fix them. Check out the methods below:
Method #1 – Cold Boot Your Samsung Smart TV
This step requires you more than just restarting your TV. When you cold boot, you will need to properly shut down your TV. You can perform cold booting through your remote control or your TV plug.
Via your Remote Control
If you choose to cold boot using your remote, first hold the power button on your remote and your TV will turn off. Continue to hold until it turns back on.
Via your TV plug
First, turn off your Samsung smart TV. Unplug it from the outlet and wait for at least 30 seconds. Plug it back in and turn on your TV.
Cold booting allows your app to reboot and resolve problems in the app.
Method #2 – Power Cycle Your Devices
Aside from cold booting your Samsung TV, you can also power cycle your modem and router. This solution will help refresh your Internet connection.
- Turn off all your devices including your modem and router.
- Unplug all devices and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug your modem in and wait for it to fully connect. Do the same with your router.
- Now, plug your TV back in and turn it on.
Method #3 – Install Updates on Your Samsung Smart TV
You may have missed out on important updates for your Samsung smart TV.
- Go to Settings and click Support.
- Go to Software Update and click Update Now.
Method #4 – Reinstall the Disney Plus App
If the above methods do not work, you may want to reinstall your Disney+ app.
- On your TV, go to Apps and click Settings.
- Look for the Disney Plus app and click Delete.
- From your home screen, click the search icon and type Disney+.
- Click the app and select Install.
Which of the methods above helped you fix your Disney Plus error? Tell us in the comments below.
P.S. If you are on the market for a brand new Samsung smart TV, check out there latest line-up from the official website.