Storing your files on cloud-based storage like Microsoft OneDrive can give you security knowing that you have a backup of your important documents and folders. However, there are times when you may encounter issues when signing in to your OneDrive account. To some users, they see the error message,
“There was a problem signing you in. Please try again in a few minutes. (Error Code: 0x8004de69).”
The error code 0x8004de69 is a common login problem for OneDrive users on desktop or mobile devices. But this particular account sign in issue is more prevalent among Windows 10 and 11 PC users. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue by following a few workarounds we have listed below.
How to Repair Error Code 0x8004de69 when Signing In to your Microsoft OneDrive Account on a PC
If you experience the error code 0x8004de69 when logging in to your OneDrive account on Windows 10 or 11 computers, you can fix it with the solutions below. Try to follow each step one at a time and check if it resolves the problem or not.
Method #1 – Unlink your PC and Relink It to your OneDrive Account
- First, launch OneDrive.
- In the upper right corner, click the Settings icon.
- Select Settings.
- Go to the Account tab.
- Click Unlink this PC.
- Click Unlink account.
- Now, try to sign back in to your account.
Method #2 – Run an SFC Scan
- On the Search bar, enter Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the search result and select Run as administrator.
- Enter sfc /scannow.
Method #3 – Update your Windows 10 or 11 PC OS
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- Install available updates and restart your computer.
Reset your OneDrive App Settings
- Launch the Settings menu of your PC.
- Select Apps.
- Go to Apps & features.
- Click Microsoft OneDrive.
- Select Advanced options.
- Click the Reset button.
Reinstall the OneDrive App on your Device
- Open the Control Panel of your desktop or laptop PC.
- Go to Programs.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Look for the OneDrive app and right-click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions until you uninstalled the app successfully.
- On your browser, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/onedrive/download.
- Download the Microsoft OneDrive app.
Were you able to fix the account sign-in error on your OneDrive app for PC? We would love to know your experience, so please drop us a comment below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!