Keeping our files secured is of utmost importance. There are numerous options for storing our documents both online and locally, but sometimes, there are drawbacks and glitches. Microsoft OneDrive offers the Personal Vault feature where you can store your important files securely and conveniently. Even if it is an added storage on your OneDrive account, the tool offers convenience to access your files and Microsoft Office documents anywhere from your computer to your mobile devices.
Microsoft OneDrive Personal Vault creates a protected area where you can save your files, photos, images, and more using an added layer of security and privacy authentication. You can select different forms of identity verification to lock your files and only allow you to access them at any time. The convenient process is that you can still open them on your One Drive account using any compatible device.
Unfortunately, some users complained that they cannot get past the setup of their OneDrive Personal Vault. While trying to configure the installation settings, users encounter an issue indicating that they could not install the Personal Vault.
They see the error message, “Microsoft OneDrive Setup. OneDrive couldn’t be installed. Please try again. If you continue to have this problem, search the forums on Answers.microsoft.com for the following error code. (Error code: 0x80070490)”
If you face the same problem, there are several ways that you can do to resolve the OneDrive error.
How to Fix Installation Issues when Configuring Microsoft OneDrive Personal Vault with 0x80070490 Error Code
There are different possible reasons why you can’t configure OneDrive Personal Vault and encounter the 0x80070490 installation error code. But, you can try to troubleshoot the issue and find a fix with the solutions below.
Solution #1 – Restart your Computer
The first thing you can do is to reboot your computer. Exit all running applications and power off your device. After a few seconds, turn it on again and retry configuring your OneDrive Personal Vault.
Solution #2 – Unlink and Relink your Microsoft OneDrive Account
- Go to your System Tray and look for the OneDrive icon.
- Right-click on the icon and select More.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- Click Unlink this PC.
- Click Unlink account.
- After signing out, the sign-in window will appear.
- Enter your email address and click the Sign in button.
- Enter your password and click Sign-in.
Solution #3 – Turn Off Check for Apps and Files on Windows Defender Reputation-based Settings
- Click the Start button.
- On the Search bar, enter Windows Security.
- Click Windows Security.
- Navigate to App & browser control.
- Click Reputation-based protection settings.
- Look for Check apps and files and toggle the button to Off.
Solution #4 – Reset your OneDrive App Settings on Windows PC
- Click the Start button.
- Search for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the icon and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, enter the following command: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe.
- Wait again for the process to finish.
Microsoft OneDrive Personal Vault is also an excellent option to set up another authentication method on your valuable files. You can set up verification like PIN, fingerprint, or code via SMS or email.
Were you able to resolve the install error on your OneDrive Personal Vault? What solution did you do? We would love to know more, so please drop us a comment below.BLACK FRIDAY 2022: Check out these can’t be missed trending deals for Black Friday 2022.