If your Homepod or Homepod Mini smart speaker device isn’t connecting to WiFi internet network or Apple TV streaming player, there are several possible fixes. Here’s how to troubleshoot the problem and get everything working again.
You might need to restart your router
There is also a chance that your router needs to be restarted. To do this, simply unplug the power cable from the back of your router and wait for 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and wait for another 30 seconds before trying to connect again.
If you still can’t get HomePod or HomePod Mini to connect, try restarting your Apple TV device by following these steps:
- Press and hold down on the Menu button on top of an Apple TV remote until sound plays. The LED will blink slowly three times at this point (if not, repeat step 1).
- Press and hold down on both “+” buttons at once until you hear two tones then release them (or press any other button twice).
TODAY’S DEALS: Latest HomePod & HomePod Mini smart speakers deals at Amazon & Walmart!
Make sure Homepod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV
- Make sure Homepod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- If it is not, you will need to change the Wi-Fi network on your Apple TV.
- If the Apple TV is connected to a guest network, you will need to connect Homepod to the same guest network
Check for updates to Homepod and Apple TV
- To see if you have the latest version of each, go to the Home screen on your Apple TV.
- If you don’t see an Update option in Settings, it means you’re already running the latest version of tvOS and you can skip this step.
- Next, select Settings > General, then select Software Updates.
- This will show you exactly what’s installed on your Apple TV and prompt you if there are available updates that need installing.
On your iPhone or iPad, open up the App Store app and search for “Software Update.” Select “Update All” when prompted after tapping any individual apps that need updating (or just update all at once).
On your HomePod: Open up Siri by holding down on top of it until she speaks; say “Check for software updates” followed by “OK;” wait while she checks for any available updates; tap Install when prompted; wait for installation to complete (this may take a few minutes).
How to troubleshoot common connection issues on HomePod or HomePod Mini and Apple TV
If you’ve been experiencing problems when connecting with your HomePod or HomePod Mini speaker to Apple TV, here are a few things you can try to solve them:
- Restarting your router. If you’ve recently restarted your phone and then find that the Homepod isn’t connecting, sometimes turning off and then back on the router can help. You can also check out Apple Support for more info on what to do if the HomePod doesn’t connect.
- Updating devices. It’s always helpful to update any of your devices when there’s an opportunity—this is especially true for Apple TVs, which have improved greatly since their debut in 2007 (and frankly, who hasn’t gotten better with age?). Go ahead and update that box so everything is working as it should!
We hope this article has helped you fix your connection issues with Homepod and Apple TV. If all else fails, try restarting your router or checking for updates on both devices.
DON’T MISS: Find these limited-time offers on Apple TV devices at Amazon & Walmart!