Apple TV Plus (Apple TV+) offers a variety of original shows and movies exclusively for its users to stream. But, many have complained of the Apple TV Plus “video unavailable” or “video not available“ error when they are using the streaming platform.
If you also encountered the same error message, check out the methods below to know how to fix it on your device.
How to Fix Apple TV Plus Video Unavailable Streaming Issue
Method #1 – Power Cycle Your Device
Power cycling your device will help refresh your Internet connection and delete temporary files that may be the cause of the error.
- Turn off your Apple TV.
- Unplug your modem and router.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back.
- When your modem and router are connected, turn on your Apple TV.
- Try watching a video and check if the error still exists.
Method #2 – Verify Your Apple ID
There are times when you are using more than 1 Apple ID that you may have signed in the wrong one on your Apple TV Plus. You need to make sure that you have used the right Apple ID.
- Navigate to the Settings of your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Click on your account name.
- Select Sign Out.
- After you have signed out, restart your Apple ID.
- After restarting, go to Settings.
- Click iCloud again.
- Select Sign in and enter your correct Apple ID.
- Now, check if the error still exists.
Method #3 – Set DNS to Automatic
- Open the Settings of your Apple TV.
- Click Network.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Now, click Configure DNS.
- Set the option to Automatic.
Method #4 – Reinstall Your Apple TV App
If you are using a third-party streaming device like Roku, you can uninstall or remove the Apple TV channel and reinstall it. There are different ways to uninstall a channel, depending on the device you are using.
To remove your Apple TV app on Roku, highlight your the app and press the Star icon on your remote. Click Remove Channel. Restart your device and navigate to the Channel Store. Search for Apple TV and install the app.
That’s it! Try each of the methods above and see which one works for you. Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.
NEED A NEW STREAMING ACCOUNT? Sign up for the Apple TV+ free trial here!