Epson printers have long been a favorite among users thanks to their reliability and efficiency in their jobs. The brand is constantly upgrading and updating its printers to cater to the changing demands of the market.
However, even with all the developments, it’s still common to hear complaints about error codes when using Epson printers. The two error codes that you might encounter while using an Epson printer include 031002 and 202600.
Ways to Resolve Epson Printer Error Code 031002 or 202600
Check All Connections and Cables on Epson Printer
Before anything else, make sure you check for loose connections in your hardware.
- See to it that the main power cable and the printer are properly connected.
- You also have to ensure that the wires coming from your printer and your computer are tightly and correctly connected.
- Remove the wires first and clean them to remove particles or dust that might affect the connection.
- You also have to ensure that all the wireless connections and routers are proper if you’re using a wireless printer.
- Network connections might cause the error codes to show up if you’re using a network printer. You might want to get in touch with your system administrator to guarantee the proper insertion of all the wirings.
After establishing that all the wirings are intact and fitted, reboot your printer. This usually eliminates the error on Epson printer once and for all.
Remove Jammed Papers on Epson Printer
Jammed papers may also result in error codes 031002 and 202600 on your Epson printer. If this is the case, the best thing you can do is to remove the jammed papers. Use a brush and a clean piece of cloth to clean your printer afterward.
Once you’re done cleaning, put some papers back in the printing tray and try printing a document to see if the error code is gone.
Update or Reinstall the Epson Printer Driver
You might have to uninstall the driver and then install it again if your Epson printer is giving you the error code 031002 or 202600. For this particular purpose of installing the driver, you just have to use the disc that originally came with your printer.
If nothing changes even after you’ve reinstalled the driver, you can update it instead.
- Go to the official website of Epson to check if new drivers are available.
- Browse the website using your printer’s model number.
- Download the specific driver assigned to your printer and then install it on the system of the device you’re using.
The error code 031002 or 202600 on your Epson printer can easily disrupt your printing task and hinder you from doing whatever you’re supposed to do.
To ensure that you don’t waste your precious time trying to figure out what to do with your printer, simply follow the tips mentioned above to see if any of them can help solve the issue. For all you know, one of these steps might just help you get going with your printing job in no time.