When you are participating in an online seminar or on a meeting, it is helpful to have a reliable notebook on hand. While writing notes with a pen sounds like the usual thing to do, writing notes on your computer is faster and easier. Microsoft OneNote is similar to a simple notebook where you can type anything you want and make notes saved directly on the cloud.
To organize your notes on OneNote, you can create different notebooks and label them. Choose any notebook type appropriate to what you want to write on and add the Notebook name. Unfortunately, some users encounter the Invalid Notebook Name error message on their Microsoft OneNote app. They cannot create new notebooks and sync the OneNote app on Windows 10 and Mac computers.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix OneNote Invalid Notebook Name Error on Windows 10
There are different reasons why your OneNote encounters the Invalid Notebook Name error. You may have corrupted computer files, or your OneNote app is not updated. To resolve the issue on Windows 10, you can follow each solution below and check if the problem persists.
Solution #1 – End OneNote App Process on Task Manager
Quitting the app completely using the Task Manager on Windows 10 will help in fixing errors that may interrupt your work progress. Here’s how to do it:
- First, close the Microsoft OneNote app.
- On your Windows 10 PC, launch the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Look for Microsoft OneNote and highlight it.
- Click End Task.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu.
- Go to Force Quit.
- Select Microsoft OneNote.
- Click Force Quit.
Solution #2 – Update the OneNote App
Microsoft updates OneNote regularly with bug fixes as well as feature improvements. Some errors are associated with outdated versions of the OneNote app. Here’s how to update your version to the latest release.
- Launch your Microsoft OneNote app.
- Click File from the menu bar.
- Scroll down and select Account.
- Look for Office Updates.
- Click Update Now.
- Follow the instructions to install the new version.
- Restart your OneNote app.
Solution #3 – Repair Your OneNote App
- Open the Run Dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Look for Microsoft Office.
- Right-click on it.
- Click Change.
- Select Quick Repair
- Click Repair.
- Restart your computer.
- If the Quick Repair does not work, do the same procedure but select Online Repair.
- Restart your computer and check if the error is still there.
Do you have other solutions that you can share to help other users fix the “Invalid Notebook Name” error on Microsoft OneNote tool? Kindly write them down below.