However, users occasionally may experience problems with their saved passwords going missing or disappearing. In this blog post, we’ll explore potential remedies for this issue on Microsoft Edge.
Repair the Installation of Microsoft Edge to Fix Missing Saved Passwords
A repair of the installation can help if your saved passwords are still there but the browser UI isn’t recognizing them. Follow these steps:
- Shut off Microsoft Edge browser.
- Go to Windows settings and select Apps > Features.
- Select Microsoft Edge.
- Next, select Modify > Repair.
Microsoft support has recommended this fix to resolve issue on Edge browser. Microsoft Edge installation difficulties that prevent saved passwords from appearing in the browser can be fixed.
Check if Password Saving is Turned On
Make sure Microsoft Edge has the password saving feature enabled. Follow these steps:
- Access Passwords under Settings and More > Settings > Profiles.
- Enable the “Offer to save passwords” option.
The browser won’t save your passwords if Microsoft Edge’s password saving feature is disabled. With this feature, Edge will store your passwords, ensuring you never lose them again.
Use Credential Manager to View and Recover Passwords
To access every username and password that Microsoft Edge has saved, utilize the Windows Credential Manager. Follow these steps:
- Press the Start key.
- To open it, enter Credential Manager and hit Enter.
- Click Web Credentials to view all Microsoft Edge password and username saves.
- Select the site address from the available drop-down list.
- To examine the password for a specific website, choose “Show” next to the password.
On Microsoft’s Tech Community, numerous users have offered this solution.. If your saved passwords in Edge vanish or are lost, you can access and restore them using Credential Manager.
Check if Sync is Enabled and Passwords are Included
Verify that Microsoft Edge synchronization is turned on and that credentials are stored there as well. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings for Microsoft Edge using the top-right menu.
- If sync is already off, go to Sync and click “Turn on sync.”
- Toggle the Passwords option on, and then click Confirm.
Your passwords won’t be saved or synchronised between devices if synchronization is disabled. Your passwords can be kept and synced across all of your devices if you enable synchronization and make sure that passwords are included.
Check if Cookies are Allowed in Microsoft Edge
Edge’s ability to save and remember your passwords may be hampered if cookies are disallowed in the browser. Here’s how to determine whether cookies are permitted in Edge:
- Start your browser over.
- Verify that the password issue has been fixed.
Cookies, which are small files, help websites remember your preferences and login details. Edge won’t be able to save your credentials if you’ve blocked cookies in that browser.
By enabling cookies in Edge, you may assist the browser remember and save your credentials.
Try Rebooting your Windows PC into Safe Mode
Whether none of the suggestions above work, try starting your computer in safe mode to check whether the issue still exists. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer, then turn it off once the Windows or manufacturer’s logo shows three times.
- At this point, your computer enters the Advanced Recovery Environment.
- From the Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options menu, opt for Restart.
- To activate Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, press 4 or F4, respectively.
Enter Safe Mode to identify the problem and conduct additional troubleshooting. Only the drivers and services required to run Windows are loaded in Safe Mode.
If your saved passwords function well in Safe Mode, it may indicate that a third-party application or service is to blame.
It might be annoying when saved passwords in Microsoft Edge disappear or go missing. Follow the recommendations in this blog post to diagnose and resolve the problem.
Some fixes for this problem include fixing the installation of Microsoft Edge, enabling password saving, using Credential Manager to view and recover passwords, enabling synchronization and making sure that passwords are included, enabling cookies in Edge, and booting into Safe Mode.
If no solutions are effective, consider reaching out to Microsoft’s support team or searching online for more information.