One of the things that kids love to do these days is watching YouTube videos online. They can laugh endlessly and enjoy watching their favorite characters all the time. While we want our children to have fun online, we do not want to compromise their safety, especially when it comes to the content they are watching.
YouTube offers an app that is specially designed for younger viewers. The YouTube Kids app only shows content that is ideal for children. These videos are appropriate for kids from different age groups. Parents also have control over how to customize their apps.
To get a better experience when watching videos from YouTube Kids, you can take it on a bigger screen. Using your Amazon Fire Tablet, your children can stream their favorite shows on a screen bigger than the mobile phones. It makes it more convenient for them when you are outside your house or traveling somewhere.
But first, you need to download and install the YouTube Kids app on your Amazon Fire Tablet. Check out the steps below to find out how.
LATEST DEALS ON AMAZON FIRE TABLETS, CHECK THEM NOW!
How to Download and Install YouTube Kids App on Amazon Fire Tablet
Installing the YouTube Kids App on your Amazon Fire or Kindle Fire Tablet will require several procedures.
The first thing you need to do is determine the device model of your Amazon Fire Tablet so that you will download the correct APK file based on the model. If you don’t know your device model number, go to the Settings page of your Amazon Fire Tablet. Select Device Options and copy the device model.
Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
Installing the YouTube Kids App is not similar to how you download apps to your Amazon Fire Tablet. That is why you need to enable permission first before you start installing the app.
- On your Amazon Fire Tablet, launch the Settings page.
- Look for the Personal section and tap Security & Privacy.
- Look for the Advanced section and toggle the option Apps from Unknown Sources to enable.
Installing the APKs to Your Amazon Fire Tablet
The next thing to do is to download the correct APK files and install them on your Fire tablet. In this process, you cannot directly install the YouTube Kids App using the APK file. What you need is to install the Google Play Store so you can download the app from the Play Store.
To install the Google Play Store on your Amazon Fire tablet, you will need to download four APK files. Access the links below and click the Download APK button. Leave the files unopened before you download all the APKs. Download the files in order.
- Google Account Manager – For tablet version 6.0 and above, download from this link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-account-manager/google-account-manager-7-1-2-release/google-account-manager-7-1-2-android-apk-download/. For tablet version 5.0, download from this link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-account-manager/google-account-manager-5-1-1743759-release/google-account-manager-5-1-1743759-android-apk-download/
- Google Services Framework – https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-services-framework/google-services-framework-5-1-1743759-release/google-services-framework-5-1-1743759-android-apk-download/
- Google Play Services – For Fire 7, Fire HD 8, or Fire HD 10 with a 64-bit processor and Fire HD 8 or Fire HD 10 from 2016 or later, download from this link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-19-6-68-release/google-play-services-19-6-68-020400-281397792-android-apk-download/. For Fire 7 tablet purchased before June 2019 with a 32-bit processor, download from this link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-19-6-68-release/google-play-services-19-6-68-020300-281397792-android-apk-download/
- Google Play Store – https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-17-6-19-release/google-play-store-17-6-19-all-0-pr-280955839-android-apk-download/
After you have downloaded the APK files, it is time to open them from your notifications tray. Take note that you will need to install the files in the following order:
- Google Account Manager
- Google Services Framework
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
When you download the files, tap the Install button. Wait for the process to finish before moving to the next file. Tap Done when finished. Avoid opening the apps after installing each of them. You have to finish downloading all four apps before you open them.
Downloading YouTube Kids App Via Google Play Store
Now that you have downloaded the four apps, you need to restart your Amazon Fire tablet. After reboot, go to the list of apps and look for the Google Play Store. Open the app and enter your Gmail address and password to log in to your account.
When you enter the Play Store, search for YouTube Kids, and tap Install. You may now access the app on your Amazon Fire tablet.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.