Selecting multiple items either for copying or deleting can be done easily when you simply drag your mouse to highlight the items you want to select. Another way is to hold the Ctrl key and click on the items.
If you do not like them, you have the option to remove these checkboxes easily in your File Explorer. Follow the steps below to do it.
Removing Checkboxes Icons in File Explorer to Select Items in Windows 10
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E.
- At the top, navigate to the Ribbon bar and select View.
- Look for the Show/hide section.
- Uncheck the Item checkboxes.
- Now, go back to the File Explorer and when you select items, the checkboxes will no longer appear.
If you want to go back to the checkboxes, follow the steps above but instead of unchecking the Items checkboxes, check it to enable the feature. This will give you more options on how you want to select your files.
Did the article help you? We would love to know what you think so drop us a comment below.