Streaming on Plex gives you access to your own media library while using other devices. You can watch movies and TV shows stored on your computer through your smart TV, tablets, consoles, mobile phones, and more.
With the flexibility that Plex provide, it is more convenient to take your media library with you at any time and any place. You also have control if you want to enable or disable closed captions and subtitles when watching your favorite movies and TV series.
When turning the subtitles on or off, you can configure and sort it ahead depending on your preference. You have the option to enable or disable subtitles automatically on all content or you can manually set them as you play any title.
How to Enable or Disable Closed Captions and Subtitles on Plex Automatically
If you set the subtitles by default or automatically, it means that Plex will enable them each time you play content. You can set it through your browser or the Plex Media Server.
- To do set automatic subtitles on Plex, launch your Plex Media Server.
- If you want to set it through your browser, go to https://app.plex.tv/desktop. Otherwise, look for the taskbar icon on your Plex Media Server and right-click on it. Select Open Plex.
- Click on your profile picture at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Secect Account.
- On your Account Settings, select Languages at the sidebar.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically select audio and subtitle tracks.
- Look for Subtitle Mode and set it to “Always enabled”.
- Under Prefer Subtitles In, choose your preferred language.
- After editing, click Save Changes.
Manually Turning On or Off Plex Closed Captions and Subtitles
Now, if you don’t want automatic subtitles on all your titles and only want them on selected content, you can enable them manually. That means that only during playback will you be able to set if you want subtitles or not.
- Select a movie or show that you want to watch and play it.
- If you cannot find the settings bar, move the cursor to show it.
- Click the three-vertical bars found at the bottom.
- Now, click the dropdown menu next to the Subtitles.
- To disable it, click None. To enable subtitles, select your preferred language.
How satisfied are you in watching movies or shows on Plex? Is it better than other similar streaming service platforms? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.