Seeing your Microsoft Excel worksheet with all the tabs not showing will make you cringe. “Where did all my worksheet tabs go?” It seems unusual that your Microsoft Excel sheet tabs are not visible at the bottom of your workbook. It appears that it just completely disappeared. But, there are different reasons why the problem happens and to a lot of users.
Fortunately, there are ways for you to get your tabs back on and restore them to their normal position. Check out the methods below to know how you can find your lost Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file tabs on Windows 10/11 PC or Mac computer.
How to Restore & Fix Microsoft Excel Worksheet Tabs Disappeared or Not Showing Issue
Sometimes, some settings cause the tabs to hide in your MS Excel sheets. In other cases, the window screen size may also contribute to the error by keeping some sheet tabs hidden.
You can try following each method below to find out how to fix and restore the missing tabs on your Microsoft Excel worksheet.
Method #1 – Check your Microsoft Excel Window Size
You may be opening several windows in your Excel, which may have blocked the tabs on your current worksheet. Try to arrange the windows on your computer screen monitor so that they will not overlap with each other.
Method #2 – Enable the Show Sheet Tabs Option
- Click the File option in the menu bar.
- Select Options.
- Go to Advanced.
- Navigate to Display options for this workbook.
- Select Show Sheet Tabs.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Method #3 – Unhide Tabs on MS Excel
If you have visible tabs on your worksheet, you can try this method.
- Right-click on any visible tabs on your Microsoft Excel worksheet.
- Select Unhide.
- Now, choose the worksheet that you want to make visible.
- Click OK.
Method #4 – Drag the Scroll Bar to Reveal Tabs
- Go to the bottom left corner of your worksheet.
- Place the cursor over the three-dotted icon.
- Adjust it until you see the double-headed arrow.
- Click the arrow and drag it to the right until you see the missing tabs.
Method #5 – Arrange the Worksheet Windows in Tiled
- Click the View option in the menu bar.
- Select Arrange All.
- Click Tile.
- Check the box next to Windows in the active workbook.
- Click OK.
What else can you suggest that will fix the Microsoft Excel issue with hidden or missing worksheet tabs? We would love to know more solutions that will help other users. You can write your answers in the comment section below.STILL HAVING ISSUES? Try this tool to troubleshoot Windows errors and safely optimize system performance