If you are using the Kobo digital reading device, you will benefit from installing the latest firmware on your device. Kobo offers various types of ereader for its users. There are unique features integrated into each device that fits the varying preferences of every ebook reader.
Kobo releases a new software updates for its Kobo digital e-readers every so often. If you want to enjoy the added features, not to mention the bug fixes, it is time to update your firmware. If you don’t know how to do it, check out the article below.
How to Update Any Kobo Device Firmware?
Kobo will notify you if there are available updates. It will ask you if you want to perform an update and install the latest software.
Methods to Manually Check Available Updates on Kobo eReader Device
If you want to manually check if there are any available updates for your device, you will need to sync your Kobo e-book reader. You can sync either through WiFi or Kobo Desktop app.
Sync Kobo eReader via WiFi
First, make sure that there is an active WiFi network for your Kobo ebook reading device to connect.
- On your Kobo ereader, go to the Home Screen.
- On the top of the screen, tap the Sync icon.
- Select Sync Now.
- It will then show available updates that you can install and ebooks you can download.
Sync Kobo eReader via Kobo Desktop App
If you have installed the free Kobo Desktop app on your Mac computer or Windows 10 PC, you can sync your ereader to check for the latest version of your device firmware. Make sure that there is a reliable Internet connection you can connect to and a working micro USB cable.
DON’T MISS: REDUCED PRICES ON EBOOKS AT KOBO, UPDATED DAILY!
- Using a Micro USB cable, connect your Kobo ereader to your computer.
- A pop-up window will appear on your ereader.
- Tap Connect.
- On your computer, launch the Kobo Desktop app on PC or Mac (Click here if you have not downloaded the app yet).
- Sign in to your account.
- On the top of the screen, click the Sync icon.
- It will show available updates. You can install them.
- After syncing your Kobo ereader, click the Eject icon to disconnect your computer and Kobo eReader.
Kobo constantly releases new firmware that will upgrade your ereader and give it a boost in performance. Check your eReader for available updates once in a while, so you would not miss out on new features.
How do you like reading your ebooks through Kobo ereader? You can let us know by giving us a comment below.