A lot of people who love reading are finding a huge advantage when using e-readers. With a single and compact mobile device, users can access thousands of books and digital publications on the go. It eliminates the need to carry around a physical book while giving users more options on what they can read anytime and anywhere.
An example of a popular e-reader is the Barnes & Nobles Nook. This e-book reader works using an Android platform and comes on different devices. There are the Nook GlowLight, the Nook Tablet, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Nook. Each e-reader has varying features that suit the preferences of different users.
There are reports from some users that they have received an authentication error on their Nook e-reader device. If you are one of these users, it may be a reason to worry about your account. The error appears when users try to access or sign in to the device.
Why Does My Barnes and Nobles Nook Have Authentication Error?
Barnes and Nobles announced recently that they experienced a data breach, resulting in downtime of their system. It is the reason why many users receive the authentication error. Users who encounter the error on their e-readers had their information included in the compromised data that hackers got hold from the Nook servers.
Fortunately, Barnes and Nobles claim that no financial information was hacked. The online bookstore also resolved the issue and allowed their customers to access their accounts, including all their contents. However, they require that all users will have to change their passwords to prevent from being hacked in the future. And, that’s the main reason why you are seeing an authentication error when trying to log in to your Nook device.
How Do I Change Password on my Nook Account?
To change and update your password on your Nook e-reader, you need to reset it on your account. Here’s how to do it:
- On any web browser, go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/.
- On the top of the screen, click My Account.
- Click Sign In.
- Look for the Forgot your password and click the link.
- Now, type your email address.
- The password reset link will be sent to your email.
- Open your email and click the link.
- If you have a security question set on your account, you can choose the option and answer the security question to reset your password instead of sending a link to your email.
- Now, change your old password to a new one. Make sure to make it unique from your previous passwords. Use at least one number and one capital letter in 8 to 15 characters.
Did the article help you? Tell us in the comments below.